If you were at Hogwarts

HEthePrimate

Which Hogwarts House Would You Be In?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hogwarts House Would You Be In?

• Gryffindor
    • Hufflepuff
    • Ravenclaw
    • Slytherin

If you were a student at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which house would you be in, and why?

Each house has different values:

Gryffindor: courage, bravery, loyalty, nerve and chivalry.

Hufflepuff: hard work, tolerance, loyalty, and fair play.

Ravenclaw: intelligence, creativity, learning, and wit.

Slytherin: ambition, cunning, leadership, and resourcefulness.

On the official Pottermore site I'm a slytherin. I'm resourceful, sometimes cunning, rarely ambitious and I like to take charge...but I'm not evil.

I can be really witty and creative and I love learning but I'm really not that intelligent. (ravenclaw)

I'm not that hardworking, tolerant and I don't care much about playing fairly. However, I do try to be a loyal person. (hufflepuff)

I'm not very courageous but I can have nerve sometimes. (griyfn.)

So, I guess I'd be ravenclaw? :)

It's interesting how difficult it can be to classify a person, even oneself. I think most of us have qualities or interests that correspond to different houses.

Lizzy, I like how you broke it all down and analyzed it, so I'll do the same.

I am extremely loyal, a quality of both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.

I can be brave, but don't go out of my way to get in situations where that's necessary. (Gryffindor)

I work hard at things I believe in, but not just for the sake of being busy. (Hufflepuff)

I am pretty tolerant, and fair play is very important to me. (Hufflepuff)

I am reasonably intelligent, but not super-intelligent. However, I LOVE learning things, and enjoy wit. (Ravenclaw)

I'm not especially creative, but am very interested in "things creative" like art. (Ravenclaw)

I am not ambitious, cunning, resourceful, or a leader, but do see the value of those things. (Slytherin)

In the end, it's a toss-up between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. My intuition tells me I'd be happier in Ravenclaw, so that's what I chose!

Thanks to everybody for your participation. I wanted to try my hand at making a poll, and thought this would be a fun question to ask. :)

P.S. I was not aware of the Pottermore site--I'll have to take a gander at it.

Well, I just took this quiz which was actually very well thought out, and it placed me in Hufflepuff. After going through its questions and seeing how well set up that quiz was, I think I'm going to agree. It also gave a list of the "points" I earned for each house-

Hufflepuff - 18

Ravenclaw - 15

Gryffindor - 10

Slytherin - 6

Still curious though where others here might think I should be placed... :)

I honestly have no idea which one I would end up in.... My traits are pretty evenly spread across all the houses. Perhaps, people who know me here from my posts would like to suggest which one they think I should be? ;)

I put you in Ravenclaw.

JudoMinja, thanks for the link. I took the quiz, and it put me in Gryffindor! :o Well, I guess that would be all right. After all, Hermione Granger was a good example of a person who was bookish and loved learning, and yet was sorted into Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw, so I'd be in good company! ;)

Gryffindor - 13

Hufflepuff - 13

Ravenclaw - 12

Slytherin - 6

Well, since there is now test involved:

Your in-depth results are:

Hufflepuff - 16

Ravenclaw - 14

Gryffindor - 10

Slytherin - 6

I still stick by my own sorting. Honestly some of the options left a little to be desired but I understand the limitations of such a test. For instance the kid who accuses you of taking his toy, there wasn't a **** an eyebrow and walk away option. The option to tell him to knock it off or he'll get a black eye may have been going in that direction, but the question doesn't stipulate he's trying to be violent, so it came across to me as "Shut up or I'll pound you."

I took the test. Looks like I'm Hufflepuff.

Hufflepuff - 14

Gryffindor - 12

Ravenclaw - 12

Slytherin - 6

If I was friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, I'd want to choose to be in Gryffindor. Didn't the sorting hat allow for Harry's desire to be in Gryffindor?