doing the right thing at the right time, without delay

sister_in_faith

Today has been a really ruff day for me. A couple of major things have happened in my life... Been down in the dumps, so I just picked my my new Ensign and flipped thru, stopping at this article...

Doing the Right Thing at the Right Time, without Delay - general-conference

The article was just what I needed. It talks a bit about service. One of my 'big' things was that I was kind of forced into doing someone a BIG favor, but this has helped me see it as an opportunity for service rather than being taken advantage of. I guess, I donno, I'm still struggling with it, but this article kind of helped my day get better.

I just felt compelled to come on here and share the article, and my testimony for today...

I testify that families can be forever together. I know that things will get better tomorrow. I know that Heavenly Father loves his children, and feels our pain. I know that he cares about us, and wants us to be happy. I know that Jesus took upon himself all our hurts so that we would have a chance to be back with him and Heavenly Father with our families. I testify that we have a restored church on earth, and that obeying Heavenly Father allows us the blessings of our church, the sacrament, and the temple. The temple is a place where we go to glue our families together. I am so thankful for the blessings of the temple. I am so thankful for my bishop who, with the spirit, guides and helps me do the best that I can. I know that Heavenly Father puts people in our lives (sometimes people who we don't even know who they are, but we just talk to on-line) who help us feel better, and who we can support, and that knowing them blesses our lives. ;) I testify that our church is the TRUE church of Jesus Christ. I testify that we have a living prophet that guides our church, and guides us. I testify of love. I type these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Thanks guys!

(and please take it easy on me in this thread... I can't take a lot of negativity and criticism right now... thanks!)

That's one of the blessings of the Ensign so many times. I've noticed it with myself. When I'm struggling with an issue..I can find an article that just puts everything into perspective for me.

Thanks for sharing your testimony with us.

For $24 bucks a year you can add DVDs of the conference sessions to your subscription. It comes shortly after conference with 3 DVDs and it has all 5 sessions... including all the music!

When you insert the DVD it brings up a menu where you can pick a specific talk, play all the talks in order, play just the music (my favorite option), or play the whole thing.

DVDs of both conference sessions for $24 per year. It's one of the best deals going.

Reading the Ensign is great, but sometimes seeing and hearing the talk again is even more powerful.

(No, I don't work for the Ensign DVD department)

For $24 bucks a year you can add DVDs of the conference sessions to your subscription. It comes shortly after conference with 3 DVDs and it has all 5 sessions... including all the music!

When you insert the DVD it brings up a menu where you can pick a specific talk, play all the talks in order, play just the music (my favorite option), or play the whole thing.

DVDs of both conference sessions for $24 per year. It's one of the best deals going.

Reading the Ensign is great, but sometimes seeing and hearing the talk again is even more powerful.

(No, I don't work for the Ensign DVD department)

You can watch the talks on the internet at lds.org for free. :lol: