It's that time of year!

sister_in_faith

What do you do when you encounter someone with a cart in the isle so you can't get thru?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do when you encounter someone with a cart in the isle so you can't get thru?

• Wait for them to notice they are in the way and move
    • Ask them to move
    • Back track and go to a different isle
    • Bump their cart or move it for them

It depends.

If they've left their cart unattended, I'll move it myself.

If they're with their cart and I'm in a good mood, I'll just say "Excuse me, please," and they usually move it.

If I'm in a bad mood, I might go down another aisle to get around them. Otherwise they might get an "Excuse me" and a dirty look! :lol: (But we try to avoid that!)

It's the time of year for the supermarket to be packed full of shoppers who leave their carts in the middle of the isle so you can't get thru!

So, what do YOU do when you encounter these shoppers?

I usually wait patiently for them to notice they are in my way. My honey usually speaks up and asks them to move...

That happens all year round -- I loudly say "excuse me!" or will move it myself (or both). I would NEVER EVER turn around and go another way - they don't own the store.

Edited by mnn727

The stores in my area are all remodeling- WalMart is expanding into a Super Mega WalMart and they are all trying to keep up- so - the aisles are narrow. Only one cart can fit.

Before I even go down an aisle I make sure that a) no one is there; b) if someone is there they are going the same way as I want to go; c) if they are coming towards me I go to a different aisle.

Once I am in the aisle and someone starts towards me- I tell them to go around, I am not backing up.

Once WalMart finishes the expansion (middle of 2012) I will be so very, very happy) That will force Fred Meyer to lower their food prices, and I can save even more money!!