I really love cute puppies...

sister_in_faith

So which do you like better? Dogs or cats?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. So which do you like better? Dogs or cats?

• dogs
    • cats

I really do! :D

So we have an I hate cats thread, I think we need an I love dogs thread.

Bring on your cute puppy videos and pictures!!!

cute puppy whistle - YouTube

I like both cats and dogs.. altho i prefer the smarter dogs. Cats get by by pretending to be smart ^_^

I miss our old dog, kita, a husky/malamute/ golden mix. she was a really smart and strong dog, totally silent too. had the husky markings but instead of ending in the white fur it blended to a light golden color.

I have always thought it would be really cool to have a tame fox (not just one raised in captivity, but one of the one's that have been bread to be tame)... I have a feeling that it would be trouble with a capital T!

Did you know there is actually only one place where tame foxes have been bred? You can read about them here. It is a very interesting research/genetics project that was developed to help us understand the domestication process of our current dogs. As it says on the site, the now domesticated and tame foxes are "''as devoted as dogs but as independent as cats, capable of forming deep-rooted bonds with human beings", so they would make a good happy-medium for someone who would like a dog-like cat or cat-like dog. :D It is a project that I have been following since I first heard about it a couple years ago, and I think it would be awesome if the domesticated fox became a regular pet.

I have always thought it would be really cool to have a tame fox (not just one raised in captivity, but one of the one's that have been bread to be tame)... I have a feeling that it would be trouble with a capital T!

Well it certainly would be a lot of work, much more than a regualr pet.

Did you know there is actually only one place where tame foxes have been bred? You can read about them here. It is a very interesting research/genetics project that was developed to help us understand the domestication process of our current dogs. As it says on the site, the now domesticated and tame foxes are "''as devoted as dogs but as independent as cats, capable of forming deep-rooted bonds with human beings", so they would make a good happy-medium for someone who would like a dog-like cat or cat-like dog. :D It is a project that I have been following since I first heard about it a couple years ago, and I think it would be awesome if the domesticated fox became a regular pet.

i'm guessing youre referring to the siberian arcitc fox breeding experiment? I'd love to see the tame strains get introduced as pets. Probably still higher maintenance than regular cats and dogs tho. (still would love to have one :D)

There's no Both option?

We love everything - dogs, cats, birds, turtles, snakes, fish... but, unfortunately, my son is extremely allergic to cats.

But here's to you dog lovers:

Posted Image

Edited by anatess