Does Christ know more than Heavenly Father?

bay2boy

I know the title of this thread sounds blasphemous but I am not going for shock value or attempting to undermine the power and Omniscience of God. My question is this:

Because Christ suffered for our sins,pain,temptations,etc. He is the ultimate mediator and judge. Does he essentialy know more about us than God the Father only because he experienced those things first hand?

I understand the logic that God knows everything. I just wonder why Christ must act as judge and plea our case when it is already a done deal in Gods mind. Maybe Im missing something. I can see why it was necessary for Christ to pay the price for our shortcomings but the other two jobs he has seem redundant in a way.

I understand the logic that God knows everything. I just wonder why Christ must act as judge and plea our case when it is already a done deal in Gods mind. Maybe Im missing something. I can see why it was necessary for Christ to pay the price for our shortcomings but the other two jobs he has seem redundant in a way.

The law of justice had to be satisfied. Who better to judge us than our Savior who has experienced everything we have or could experience? (rhetorical)

The law of justice had to be satisfied. Who better to judge us than our Savior who has experienced everything we have or could experience? (rhetorical)

You're right. So perhaps him being our judge is not because he has any insight God doesn't have but because it would be better for us....or something along those lines.

Justice demands a payment for sin. What Jesus did was pay that price. Since He paid the price for justice, He now sets a price. That price is repentance (broken heart and contrite spirit). When we stand before the bar of God to be judged, Christ can then say that He has paid the price of justice and you have paid the price of repentance.

Perhaps it seems redundant, but the process may be something not as it plays out in writing it down. In other words, what I just wrote sounds quite a bit like we will literally stand before God in a courtroom and Christ will be our attorney. Perhaps the actual process will be something more understood (I don't know what the actual process is, I'm just thinking aloud). Also, I think the process is more for us than for God. We need to have Christ act as our Advocate before the Father, more than HF needs this. God may know all, but we certainly don't--we may need something like a judgment to help us in our own progression.

As a parent, I do understand the pain and suffering my children go through, I even hurt for them when they are making the mistakes and know they are making mistakes.

I fully think our Heavenly Father understands all of our pains, sins and sadness. He understands them enough that he didn't stay the knife and gave up our brother to save us, so we could come home to him. He understands Christ enough that he had the ultimate faith in him to complete the Atonement.

He knows us, knows all our issues, all our strengths. And through his mortal ministry and the Atonement so does Christ, and that makes it possible for Christ to be our Savior to the Father. Because, even though our Heavenly Father knows us (far better than we know ourselves) no unclean thing may enter into his presence....we can only be cleaned through the blood of Christ. And Heavenly Father and Christ both know that about us.