Mormon 9/11 Truthers?

ThatLDSKiD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just recently started looking into 911. I've never been a conspiracy theorist. I know the gospel is true and the scriptures are true and I love the Church and the gospel. I've never been one to just take on other people's beliefs- I have to think for myself and find my own answers. If I wasn't this way I never would have discovered the gospel and converted to the Church. I believe truth can be found with effort and sincere motives. I know the Holy Ghost enlightens us and guides us on our path for the truth.

I am sad to say that after my research thus far- of established fact and the testimonies of people both for and against the common beliefs about 911- I have come to believe that we have been deceived.

Their story just does not stand up to reason. The more I look into it the more I find very legitimate questions that have never been answered- just swept under the rug. Those who are telling the truth don't need to fear examination. They can present facts because they have nothing to hide. It does not take a lot of research to find major inconsistencies in the story we have been told.

I never would have believed it to be possible. I am patriotic and love my country and that love translated to a trust of what we are told from government officials. I don't know who knew what or how it all happened but I do know that we have not been told the truth.

My dilemma now is what should I do? My family and many friends already think I'm crazy for joining the Church. I know what will happen if I try to share the things I have learned and point out the inconsistencies in logic and impossibilities of science. I think it could hurt my ability to share the gospel with people because they will dismiss everything I believe as crazy. Unless the day comes that the world will find out what really took place. Then, my words will gain credibility.

Should I worry what people think? Should I be true to what I believe and have learned? Would trying to bring this out of the darkness just distract from more important things I could be talking about or teaching? The Book of Mormon is full of prophecies of modern day experiences like this. Do we bring them to light? Do we ignore the dark things and focus on the light?

I will obviously need to continue to be prayerful about this and seek God's direction. I have also recently been blown away by new understandings of the word of wisdom and can recognize how much we flat out ignore this doctrine we claim to believe comes from God. I feel like he is showing me all these things lately but I'm not sure what to do with them. We also learn from scripture that many times prophets have not told all they knew. Sometimes they are forbidden. Wisdom is required in all this. And direction from the Spirit when I do not have the wisdom. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. I'm just trying to figure it all out. Thank you

I'm deeply confused and even saddened, after reading a thread from a different LDS forum website. Obviously the website has no official affiliation with the Church, yet it is still operated by LDS members. I saw and read this thread of about how 9/11 is just a conspiracy and all of this nonsense. The Mormon Truthers were all insinuating that Bush and elements of the US government actually intended to create mass death, terror, and sorrow and they were all suggesting this under the "Secret Combinations" banner.

How can Mormons truly believe such propaganda?

Getting baptized doesn't magically make you a non-idiot.

If you were an idiot before getting baptized, you are still an idiot after getting baptized.

Those who are telling the truth don't need to fear examination. They can present facts because they have nothing to hide.

We also learn from scripture that many times prophets have not told all they knew. Sometimes they are forbidden. Wisdom is required in all this.

Prophets are often told to give people things line upon line, precept on precept, here a little, there a little. Sometimes they're told to only tell the people what's relevant to their salvation. I guess that's somewhat how I see the government with 9-11. There's a lot of things that they shouldn't tell us because it could jeopardize our national defense. To me, it does no good dwelling on the issue as it won't bring the dead back -- they have gone to a greater reward. The way I see it is, the Lord knows what happened and will deal with it when He's good and ready, and not before. There are far more important things for me to concern myself with than do I have all the facts surrounding 9-11. I already know I don't.

For me, I'd focus on the eternal truths and less on the worldly ones. What's important is bringing people to Christ and everlasting life.

Well, the problem with that MG is that nearly a million people have died as a result of that event and more are dying every day. And a LOT of money was made. This has huge consequences for the future of the world. This is not something that happened and is over and done with.

We are told the Constitution is a sacred text- the prophets have said it. The constitution serves for the people to keep the gov't in check- their only job should be protecting liberty and thus it was written. We have a responsibility in the earth to work for what is right and to assure that the Lord's work can go forward in peace and liberty. We are told to protect it. "The Lord knows what happened and will deal with it when he is good and ready." That's like saying don't worry about missionary work- the Lord will tell people the truth when he's good and ready for it.

My question for you is this- if you did happen to know, and I mean really know, that the gov't lied to us and they actually planned this- what would you do? What responsibility does knowledge carry with it?

The difference between the prophets telling us what is relevant to our salvation and the gov't telling us what they want us to know to cover up their own actions is simple. The prophets speak for God. Corrupt governments are working for Satan. The BOM makes it abundantly clear that we cannot just blindly trust that our leaders are righteous. If they could all be men of God- we could trust. But they aren't.

You may think that all is well in Zion. You hear of distant wars. But you do not the wickedness of conspiring hearts in your own land. We are to do the Lord's work. We can stand by and watch his work go forward and not be a part of it. But that is not what we are called to do.

"For me, I'd focus on the eternal truths and less on the worldly ones. What's important is bringing people to Christ and everlasting life."

This gospel must go forth to every nation in every tongue. An unrighteous war holds us back. If we are to move this work forward we have to do our part to bring about missionary work in other lands.

Doctrine and Covenants 3:1 The works, and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught.

2 For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his ccourse is one eternal round.

3 Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;

God will open new areas in His own due time.

I understand the feelings of urgency concerning the affairs of the world. I used to debate politics and conspiracies. A lot.

I came to understand a great truth. People are rarely swayed, at times, by a good, solid argument. Most of the time, arguments and debates tend to further imbed the participants into their own beliefs and ways of thinking, usually leaving both parties further from the truth than before the debate.

If you want to REALLY make a difference in the world, one that will matter long after this life, serving and blessing the lives of others through pure love will never be overshadowed.

New wars, new politics, and new governments come and go. But, to help someone's heart be changed in Christ so that they can discover new truths on their own is by far the most rewarding feeling in this world.

Everything else becomes just a distraction.

Edited by Colirio

I know what you are saying. And I totally agree with you about serving and blessing through pure love. You can never go wrong with that.

But this is not just "politics." Real people have died and are dying. I know we can only do what we can do. We can't save everybody in every way. And we're not meant to.

I guess I'm not talking about debating. I'm talking about caring what's going on. Most people just don't care about things beyond their every day life until they see how it applies to them. Lulled into a carnal security.

I think it's something personal between every person and the Lord. I'm know I'll see him and be accountable for what I did with what I was given- and interests, knowledge, and revelation are some of what I've been given.

My mission president said President Hinckley once told a group of GAs that Heavenly Father is never frantic. I think there is a need to keep the peace of the Spirit and the knowledge that God is in charge. Keeping the Spirit keeps that peace with you. But we know there is a righteous urgency when it comes to the work of the Lord. We are told to be involved in our communities and in the world we live in- keeping the balance of course of time. Every person has to figure out their own place and mission.

I am very concerned though when I hear things that suggest we should just not worry- everything will be fine. yes, it will be fine. But it will be fine because of the work that goes into making it fine. It is a marvelous work and a wonder. Not just a wonder.

My question for you is this- if you did happen to know, and I mean really know, that the gov't lied to us and they actually planned this- what would you do?

I don't believe in playing "what-ifs," it's too easy to come out looking like the good guy. ;)

I'm leary of believing that something is scientifically impossible when an event is unique, and only a handful of instances have occured that are remotely like it. There is no real precedence, so how do we know that it's scientifically impossible? I remember my mother telling me about how her science professor in college used to say that it was impossible for man to ever go to the moon. Well... we know how that went. Though I guess there are some who still believe it was staged in Hollywood. :rolleyes:

But you asked: My dilemma now is what should I do? My family and many friends already think I'm crazy for joining the Church. I know what will happen if I try to share the things I have learned and point out the inconsistencies in logic and impossibilities of science. I think it could hurt my ability to share the gospel with people because they will dismiss everything I believe as crazy. Unless the day comes that the world will find out what really took place.

As I said, ""For me, I'd focus on the eternal truths and less on the worldly ones. What's important is bringing people to Christ and everlasting life." We are to render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's, and to God what is God's. We are not yet in a theocracy and until then we will have a government created by man for man, thus it will have it's fair share of flaws.

We are told the Constitution is a sacred text- the prophets have said it. The constitution serves for the people to keep the gov't in check- their only job should be protecting liberty and thus it was written.

The Constitution didn't protect the liberty of all people at the beginning. Up until 1865 it protected slavery, and up to January 1, 1808 were were still legally permitted by our Constitution to bring African slaves into the US! So while it is a blessed instrument, it had it's manmade flaws.

Edited by Mamas_Girl

• 1 year later...
Guest spaceman_spiff
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

ok, so i know this thread is old but I was just reading it and wanted to reply to it anyway.

Im lds to. Ok here it goes...

First off, you need to understand, never never trust government. I want you to study it yourself instead off listening to what other people think about 9 11. you really need to find out yourself. watch this WTC-7 Any Questions - YouTube

Ok, so yes their are secreat groups trying to take control of the world like illuminati, bilderberg, or maybe the New World Order. Are you aware that Ezra Talf Benson also warnd us about those secret groups. He talked about the book "none Dare call it conspiracy theoery by garry allin". here is the video link None Dare Call It Conspiracy - YouTube

Are you aware that the prophets of the church in the past have warned the saints not to send their children to public school?, yes they really did warn us but we never listend, hints the majority still sent their children to public school. Public school was set up to make amaricans next generations more dumm. Read the book tittled None dare call it educations."

Did you know that the Oklahoma city bomb in 1995 was aslo secretly operated, it was not done by the man who put the truck bomb next to the building. that was done to make it look like someone elts did it. The reason why I know is because I actually studied it, and You see in the news report recovery, bomb trucks haling out bomb inside the building. They actully said that in the news report 'their were 3 bombs planted inside the building??? HMMMM here is the link OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING Was An INSIDE JOB By The CRIMINAL, BANKER-RUN U.S. GOVT., 1 of 3 - YouTube

Did you know that their are world leaders meeting in secret every year to plane on the next face for the new world order. I saw them with mi own eyes meeting in secret. It is the bilderberg group. I dont want to talk the details of all these groups because it will take sometime.

I want you to go and study what the united nations really is, what the council on foreign relations is, and what the bildeberb group is, ok. Did you know the same year in 1963 the communist published the 40 something goals to take control of the world was the same year David O McKay warns the saints that their is a group of people trying to destroy the constitution, and depriving man of hid liberties. 1963 was also the same year are congress banned bible study, prayers, and 10 commandments from public school.

everything I said, remember this most powerful wisdom. " You cant expect a proper government when the majority of the people are wicked". That means if the people are wicked like murdering, leagelising abortion, robbing steeling threw government welfare, the only result is the government doing the same thing, and some of the government leaders. I'm not saying that the entire government of the united states is controlled by a small elit, but you only need to look at the leaders of are government to find out they themselves are wicked.

Did you know that the last four presidents we had all go to a cult, I know you are thinking ' ha that to fare', but again i will say 'Study it yourself. ok, watch this link Alex Jones asks David Gergen about Bohemian Grove Rituals - YouTube

yes, he admits he goes to the Mohiban grove, they are come ting a cult water ever, that I will not say what they do because its so evil. Study it yourself, on the moheban grove. all the last four president we had went to this group, because they admit it.

if you read what the book of mormon has to say about secret society in the nephit civilization, and compare it to are day, their really are secret societies trying to take over the world ok. Read what Cleon skousand has to say about the fedurel reserve money system and the illuminati in his book "The naked Capitalist"

now the last thing I want to say is, Im not mad, or frustrated. im trying to do this out off love. I am just trying to make you snap out of it, stop listening to what the media news talks about and what they think the problem is. Just to give you a tip. The news media like cnn, abc all go to the bilderberg groups as well, do you want to know why I know, is because i say them with my own eyes them driving into the parking space, when I was protesting at them.

pleas email me if any questions

Edited by spaceman_spiff
Guest spaceman_spiff
Hidden

ok, so i know this thread is old but I was just reading it and wanted to reply to it anyway.

Im lds to. Ok here it goes...

First off, you need to understand, never never trust government. I want you to study it yourself instead off listening to what other people think about 9 11. you really need to find out yourself. watch this WTC-7 Any Questions - YouTube

Ok, so yes their are secreat groups trying to take control of the world like illuminati, bilderberg, or maybe the New World Order. Are you aware that Ezra Talf Benson also warnd us about those secret groups. He talked about the book "none Dare call it conspiracy theoery by garry allin". here is the video link None Dare Call It Conspiracy - YouTube

Are you aware that the prophets of the church in the past have warned the saints not to send their children to public school?, yes they really did warn us but we never listend, hints the majority still sent their children to public school. Public school was set up to make amaricans next generations more dumm. Read the book tittled None dare call it educations."

Did you know that the Oklahoma city bomb in 1995 was aslo secretly operated, it was not done by the man who put the truck bomb next to the building. that was done to make it look like someone elts did it. The reason why I know is because I actually studied it, and You see in the news report recovery, bomb trucks haling out bomb inside the building. They actully said that in the news report 'their were 3 bombs planted inside the building??? HMMMM here is the link OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING Was An INSIDE JOB By The CRIMINAL, BANKER-RUN U.S. GOVT., 1 of 3 - YouTube

Did you know that their are world leaders meeting in secret every year to plane on the next face for the new world order. I saw them with mi own eyes meeting in secret. It is the bilderberg group. I dont want to talk the details of all these groups because it will take sometime.

I want you to go and study what the united nations really is, what the council on foreign relations is, and what the bildeberb group is, ok. Did you know the same year in 1963 the communist published the 40 something goals to take control of the world was the same year David O McKay warns the saints that their is a group of people trying to destroy the constitution, and depriving man of hid liberties. 1963 was also the same year are congress banned bible study, prayers, and 10 commandments from public school.

everything I said, remember this most powerful wisdom. " You cant expect a proper government when the majority of the people are wicked". That means if the people are wicked like murdering, leagelising abortion, robbing steeling threw government welfare, the only result is the government doing the same thing, and some of the government leaders. I'm not saying that the entire government of the united states is controlled by a small elit, but you only need to look at the leaders of are government to find out they themselves are wicked.

Did you know that the last four presidents we had all go to a cult, I know you are thinking ' ha that to fare', but again i will say 'Study it yourself. ok, watch this link Alex Jones asks David Gergen about Bohemian Grove Rituals - YouTube

yes, he admits he goes to the Mohiban grove, they are come ting a cult water ever, that I will not say what they do because its so evil. Study it yourself, on the moheban grove. all the last four president we had went to this group, because they admit it.

if you read what the book of mormon has to say about secret society in the nephit civilization, and compare it to are day, their really are secret societies trying to take over the world ok. Read what Cleon skousand has to say about the fedurel reserve money system and the illuminati in his book "The naked Capitalist"

now the last thing I want to say is, Im not mad, or frustrated. im trying to do this out off love. I am just trying to make you snap out of it, stop listening to what the media news talks about and what they think the problem is. Just to give you a tip. The news media like cnn, abc all go to the bilderberg groups as well, do you want to know why I know, is because i say them with my own eyes them driving into the parking space, when I was protesting at them.

pleas email me if any questions