Wild West Wind

tubaloth

I know California and Utah got hit pretty hard with this Super wind storm.

Me being in Utah, I was kept up all night. Woke up to most of my back yard fence gone. I left my garage and saw my neighbors tree leaning on my fence. By the time I got home there isn't a fence on either side of my back yard. But I guess I got lucky because it doesn't look like I'm missing any shingles. At least not enough to fully notice.

I also was lucky in Layton to only have my power go off a couple of times. It was only out for like 30 mins after I came home from work (I think it was out longer while I was at work). My parents in Kaysville had there power out almost all day. I'm sure there are still some that have there power out.

Listening to the radio during lunch, I think it was Glen Beck doing an ad for some food storage that lasts 25 years. hmmmm maybe I should.

My FB was lit up last night from all my Utah friends who finally got their power back and was reporting on the various damage. We get tornados in the MidWest, but at least those are a hit and run type of thing--not the prolonged powerful winds ya'll had. Yikes!

It's been crazy windy here. Most of my town (10k population) has been without power for two days now. Oddly, one street to the north of me still has no power, and one street south still has no power but our power was only out for 3 hours. Maybe because I'm literally next door to the police department?

The first night it sounded like a freight train was going by our 3rd story windows (bedrooms) all night long. The baby did not like it all but the other kids slept great. Today, Friday it's breezy with about every 30 minutes a giant 10 second long gust. I kind of like it for a change even if it is causing havoc.