Do Your Parents Let You Myspace?

oddie

Hi,

i am kinda new hear. my mom is lisajo, i am new at posting so forgive me if i am not doing it well.

I just wanted to know if your parents are aginst myspace. mine let me but they have to be my friends so they can check on me. (iam almost 16)

like right now i wont even beable to post this till my mom approves it J/K (sarcasum)

when i am on the pc my mom or dad is usually in here (same room) we share the same pc.

just was wondering what you thought

CH

we need spellcheck!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Oddie,

First of all, I love your mom's posts. She is great and funny! Our main comp is in full view of everyone and will remain that way for accountability for our children. I admire your parents for monitoring where you are going and who you are talking to. It might not feel like it right now, but that is truly a loving parent!

Dr. T

Hi Oddie,

First of all, I love your mom's posts. She is great and funny! Our main comp is in full view of everyone and will remain that way for accountability for our children. I admire your parents for monitoring where you are going and who you are talking to. It might not feel like it right now, but that is truly a loving parent!

Dr. T

Thanx Doc. just don't let her see this she will get all big headed :ahhh: (i realy don't mind iher checking it out)

I have a my space, but I never use it.. and I have 2 friends on it (Not including the moderator, that everyone but me deletes...) but basically.. I think it is pointless... I never use it.

An LDStalk blog and msn is enough...

(I am 16 too, so I am not some old person telling you this.. just FYI... I feel old saying it though.. lol)

ps... I love your mom!!! She is funny!

Hi,

i am kinda new hear. my mom is lisajo, i am new at posting so forgive me if i am not doing it well.

I just wanted to know if your parents are aginst myspace. mine let me but they have to be my friends so they can check on me. (iam almost 16)

like right now i wont even beable to post this till my mom approves it J/K (sarcasm)

when i am on the pc my mom or dad is usually in here (same room) we share the same pc.

just was wondering what you thought

CH

we need spell check!

Hi Oddie,

I'm happy to meet you! I hope that you enjoy LDSTalk. From reading your mom's posts it seems like you have a very cool mom too! Best Wishes!! :)

PS~ There is a spell check....if you look in the line above your post....there is a check mark with ABC ....if you click on that it will check your spelling. :idea:

I am an adult - Grandma age adult.

I started a topic about MySpace.com See Here

Where I work, two of the employees spend more time on their myspace sites then they do working. Because of them downloading pictures taken from others sites there, they brought in a bug and we lost a computer. We were fortunate that our main database has an excellent firewall - but losing that computer hurt us, not to mention the cost of reformatting it, and the cost of the person to come in and do it.

They both got fired, and we implemented better web blockage.

Quite frankly when I heard through my Bishop, what the Stake President (who heard this from the First Presidency), said about myspace.com - I didn't hesitate to steer clear of it.

Our Computer guy is dead set against myspace.com too. He has the enforcement agencies as his clients here, and they have been plagued with viruses, bugs, and systems crashing because of employees visiting this site. IF major business are banning this site and terminating employees over using it on company time - then perhaps parents should take a better look at having their children on this site.

In My Opinion.

Hello oddie :)

Welcome to ldstalk!

I am a big fan of your moms.... it is great to have her here :)

As for the myspace thing..... I think that every parent needs to know what kind of "friends" their children find in life...and on the internet. SAFETY first!

I agree with those who say that if they didn't' care...they wouldn't be interested.

Hats off to those moms and dads who love and protect their children however they can!

<div class='quotemain'>

H

we need spellcheck!

it's called school

Just to let you know So called MIZTRNICEGUY, My Son is a straight A student, and never misses school!

he is not used to posting on a forum like this, give him a break! i know i type so fast i miss spell alot, he also does the same, i don't think we are being graded for our spelling here! :angry2:

My opinion on myspace. I have an account there and I am 52. Mostly to visit with my children and also monitor their sites. My children are 29-23. One of the things I found with my son's site is it had his full name, date of birth and where born. Told him he needed to change it for identity theft and not to stop perverts from contacting him.

His site is very clean and mature. He uses it to stay in touch with missionary friends and friends at school.

Ben Raines

One thing I have discovered about myspace is that a lot of judgement and information is retrieved in the information and pictures you put there.

One of my daughters friends found out that her boyfriend wanted to be 'single' again when he changed his status from 'in a relationship' to 'single'. Another way to make this known is to move that special someone off your top friends. :dontknow:

I have not put a picture of myself on myspace. I have chosen to use a picture of the Salt Lake Temple instead. My 'picture' screams LDS member so it was meant with some resistance for me being on the top list of friends. I pressed a little harder and asked what are you afraid of? I was on the top 10 the next day :) Actually I just checked my daughters and I hold place number 3. :D

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

H

we need spellcheck!

it's called school

Just to let you know So called MIZTRNICEGUY, My Son is a straight A student, and never misses school!

he is not used to posting on a forum like this, give him a break! i know i type so fast i miss spell alot, he also does the same, i don't think we are being graded for our spelling here! :angry2:

Gee Whiz Lisajo - take a chill pill :chillpill: Everyone took it as a joke, including your son. We all make typos, some more than others - by stating that he needed spell check your son was admitting that he knew he makes typing errors. Good for him! At least he knows he makes errors and he is looking for a solution to that.

:chillpill: already - okay???

Hi LisaJo...it is a blessing to have children who work hard on their education! I congratulate you.....my oldest daughter (17) and a senior just qualified for a four year scholarship at BYU...we are so excited for her as it's been her dream throughout High School to attend there!

<div class='quotemain'>

Hi LisaJo...it is a blessing to have children who work hard on their education! I congratulate you.....my oldest daughter (17) and a senior just qualified for a four year scholarship at BYU...we are so excited for her as it's been her dream throughout High School to attend there!

Awesome! It always good to hear things like that, I bet you are very proud of her!

:.bullhorn: Don't ever mess with a mother's child! :wub::annoyed::gnash::foaming::angrytongue::megaman: It's their job to defend

Dr. T

Exactly!!!!!!!! LOL you must understand it was very early when i read the post Mztrniceguy wrote, and well ya know how mom's can be :P