~Hello!~

splash

Got my cards written out today. Had managed to find some Christ-centred CHRISTmas cards which is very difficult these days. Don't know how you fare in the US?

Wrapped presents for my Adult Institute Book of Mormon teachers, a husband and wife team whom are just fab.

Got my close friends presents wrapped and organised (all Church members). After contemplating what I could buy for them that they would truly appreciate, since they are late 50's, 60's and 82 years of age, someone mentioned that the film "Jesus of Nazareth" is never shown on tv here. So, found the DVD on ebay and ordered those. Got them some choccies to go with it too, of course!

Got a pressie for the Bishop and family - four children under 13 - got the new Monopoly World Cities.

Am doing well this year, it has to be said. Planned ahead and got stuff from Deseret and lds.org store.

Then will get Christmas and New Year over then planning for my trip to SLC for the April Conference. Can hardly wait for that. Am hoping that my two missionaries will be there too.

Jezebel2011- wow, you have been busy! Good for you for getting all those things done!

I bet your bishop and his family will like that Monopoly game. Boy, it has been awhile since I played that. Fun game though.

I live in the USA and have attended conference before. It was amazing! To see the prophet and his apostles in person and to feel the strong spirit in the room is a great experience. I hope you can make it in April.

Hi, I should say welcome more often, even though I'm new myself. Ordinarily I love Christmas more than any holiday. Last Christmas season was extremely difficult for personal reasons though and I'm finding the thought of it painful this year again, too, but I'm trying harder to get myself into the Christmas Spirit.

One thing I used to love when I lived in Utah several years ago was going to see the lights on temple square. One of my favorite memories of my time there. Last Christmas Eve I drove around the little town I live in, alone, to see the lights, and cried the whole drive, lol, but it's one little sweet memory from last year. Sad, but sweet.

I'm hoping this year will be better. Hoping to make it better. :)

Hi, I should say welcome more often, even though I'm new myself. Ordinarily I love Christmas more than any holiday. Last Christmas season was extremely difficult for personal reasons though and I'm finding the thought of it painful this year again, too, but I'm trying harder to get myself into the Christmas Spirit.

One thing I used to love when I lived in Utah several years ago was going to see the lights on temple square. One of my favorite memories of my time there. Last Christmas Eve I drove around the little town I live in, alone, to see the lights, and cried the whole drive, lol, but it's one little sweet memory from last year. Sad, but sweet.

I'm hoping this year will be better. Hoping to make it better. :)

I am sorry last Christmas was painful for you. I sincerely hope this year you can have a better Christmas! :) I love seeing the lights on Temple Square too. I love being on temple square period. I always feel the spirit there and it is such a beautiful place.

You can send some of that Summer over here :)

We have had really windy weather here and deep morning frost too although, thankfully, no snow - yet!

Thought it was three weeks to Christmas when someone pointed out at Church today that it is two weeks to Christmas and three to New Year. Oh well.

I think we are only having Sacrament Meeting here on Christmas Day, with the Carol Service on Christmas Eve.

Not sure about New Year's Day, yet, but will probably be the full three sessions as usual.

Got my Kindle yesterday, so downloaded the Scriptures onto that. It really is a useful little gadget! Really light too.

Enjoy your Summer!

You can send some of that Summer over here :)

We have had really windy weather here and deep morning frost too although, thankfully, no snow - yet!

Thought it was three weeks to Christmas when someone pointed out at Church today that it is two weeks to Christmas and three to New Year. Oh well.

I think we are only having Sacrament Meeting here on Christmas Day, with the Carol Service on Christmas Eve.

Not sure about New Year's Day, yet, but will probably be the full three sessions as usual.

Got my Kindle yesterday, so downloaded the Scriptures onto that. It really is a useful little gadget! Really light too.

Enjoy your Summer!

Yeah, Christmas will be here before we know it. I am looking forward to spending time with family, eating good food and opening my/seeing others open their presents. I love buying presents for my family. I had fun getting a couple presents for my sisters this past weekend. I hope they like them.

A kindle, nice! I would like to get one of those someday.

I would love to visit the United Kingdom someday...

Hi Pegasus_, I added you as a friend and it says we're already friends, but it doesn't show on my friends, does it show on yours?

Hey!

I did accept the friend request. It does not show on my page either. I try clicking on your profile and it re-directs me back to my homepage. I read that you are a new member too. Did you validate your profile through the validation email? Here may be a helpful sticky Pam wrote about accounts with no profile:

http://www.lds.net/forums/general-discussion/30104-accounts-no-profile.html

Hey!

I did accept the friend request. It does not show on my page either. I try clicking on your profile and it re-directs me back to my homepage. I read that you are a new member too. Did you validate your profile through the validation email? Here may be a helpful sticky Pam wrote about accounts with no profile:

http://www.lds.net/forums/general-discussion/30104-accounts-no-profile.html

Okay, sent in to see. I don't remember if I got and replied to a validation email or not, so now we'll see what happens. Thanks Pegasus :)

I'm showing both of you as friends. However, for Forget-Me-Not if I go through our administration panel I come up with your profile but without the dashes. Yet it won't let me bring it up if I manually type it in without dashes. But if I click on your name on a thread and go to profile, there is nothing there.

This is something I've not encountered before. I know it has something to do with the dashes. I'll have to turn it over to someone with more technical expertise. This frustrates me because I'm usually able to fix things. At least when it comes to profiles and other things along that line. :(

Both of you successfully validated your account so that's not the problem. I really think the problem is the dashes.

Edited by pam

• 2 weeks later...

trying to post a thread to introduce myself but my account won't let me, can anyone advise me please? thank You Miss cherokee

Hey, there is a "How do I" section for account problems or questions : ) You should find more help there than here. I don't know why you can't post a thread. You can message Pam or another moderator and they should be able to help you. Welcome to the site and good luck.