Taco Bell packet phrases

beefche

I enjoy the occasional can (preferably cold) of Chef Boyardee, that it isn't particularly reminiscent of the actual dishes it claims heritage from doesn't mean it doesn't have merits. As far as the name, he Americanized it, the original Boiardi looks a lot more Italian than Boyardee... actually the latter almost looks Swedish for some reason.

Seriously? Boiardi? I never knew that. Changes the pronunciation, too, from boy-are-DEE to boy-ARE-dee.

Seriously? Boiardi? I never knew that. Changes the pronunciation, too, from boy-are-DEE to boy-ARE-dee.

Ettore Boiardi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was an attempt to get Americans to pronounce it right, so I don't know if he pronounced it differently then how you'd expect (Throatwarbler Mangrove syndrome), if he figured that's the best he could expect out of his clientele, or if all of us are mispronouncing it.

Edited by Dravin

WOWZA,

Some of this stuff you guys eat, oughta be against the WoW! How you can choke down taco bell, american chocolate, or chef boyardee is beyond me.....but then this is from the guy that likes pasties so maybe I shouldn't speak to loudly...lol!

How did strippers get into the conversation? I'll stick with Chef Boiardi, thanks.

WOWZA,

Some of this stuff you guys eat, oughta be against the WoW! How you can choke down taco bell, american chocolate, or chef boyardee is beyond me.....but then this is from the guy that likes pasties so maybe I shouldn't speak to loudly...lol!

-RM

hahahaha pasties. Do we need to move this to the adult section? :lol:

As far as a "Mexican" resturaunt with food that actually tastes like it's from Mexico, my parents have a favorite small family run resturant that they like to go to here in Texas called "Jalisco's". Not only does it actually taste Mexican, but you get large servings for a descent price. And... they make their salsa fresh every day. My parents love to go there just to buy the fresh salsa and have even canned some if it in their food storage.

When living in San Diego, I used to go down to Tijuana quite often. I loved the tacos from the street taco stands. I was the only one of my group that would ever eat them. But they were the best tacos.

As far as a "Mexican" resturaunt with food that actually tastes like it's from Mexico, my parents have a favorite small family run resturant that they like to go to here in Texas called "Jalisco's". Not only does it actually taste Mexican, but you get large servings for a descent price. And... they make their salsa fresh every day. My parents love to go there just to buy the fresh salsa and have even canned some if it in their food storage.

I don't know if it's the same company but there are "Jalisco's" in SE Idaho as well (in Idaho Falls to be exact). Great food, large quantities, and good price.