Kim Jong ll Dead

HoosierGuy

Really nothing to say about a man who helped keeped his people starving and in the dark.

Kim Jong Il Dead: North Korea Leader Dies (VIDEO)

North Korean television announced in a "special broadcast" that its leader Kim Jong Il has died in Pyongyang, the AP reports.

Kim's death was announced Monday from the state capital of Pyongyang. He reportedly suffered a stroke in 2008, but appeared relatively healthy on recent trips around Asia, which were documented by state media.

Reuters adds that the country had begun transferring power to his son, Kim Jong-un, who is believed to be in his late 20s.

He headed what one site called the one of the world's largest religions--Juche--or self-reliance. He and his father were revered almost as gods. Disrespect towards either could easily report in prison time, or worse. Discovery of a Bible or portion would mean prison "to the third generation" (parents and children would be imprisoned to, even if they had no part in the religion).

Yes, the Kims oversaw a truly evil religious-political system. I certainly do pray for that nation--believing the God will yet reunify this heroic people, who have, for so much of their history been the buffer between China, Japan, and yes Russia (some would argue the U.S. too).

He headed what one site called the one of the world's largest religions--Juche--or self-reliance. He and his father were revered almost as gods. Disrespect towards either could easily report in prison time, or worse. Discovery of a Bible or portion would mean prison "to the third generation" (parents and children would be imprisoned to, even if they had no part in the religion).

Yes, the Kims oversaw a truly evil religious-political system. I certainly do pray for that nation--believing the God will yet reunify this heroic people, who have, for so much of their history been the buffer between China, Japan, and yes Russia (some would argue the U.S. too).

So PC..you lived in Korea. Do you see the son being the same or would him taking over be an improvement.

What exactly did that self reliance mean in that religion? I was reading this earlier and it was confusing. :)

Well, I think even in Pyongyang, they go without electricity on a regular basis, and when the government dole doesn't come through --self reliance is a way of life.

I'd hate to be fighting these people --they've nothing to lose. Plus, us US Imperialists are the cause of ALL of their problems. I'd probably die of an aneurysm having to listen to their air raid sirens all the time.

Well, I think even in Pyongyang, they go without electricity on a regular basis, and when the government dole doesn't come through --self reliance is a way of life.

I'd hate to be fighting these people --they've nothing to lose. Plus, us US Imperialists are the cause of ALL of their problems. I'd probably die of an aneurysm having to listen to their air raid sirens all the time.

If they stay alive they would be pretty tough. Sounds like they may all be deaf though which would be a bit less tough.

:rolleyes:

So PC..you lived in Korea. Do you see the son being the same or would him taking over be an improvement.

My stay was too long ago...1987-93. With this son being so young, I wonder if it is the military that will be running the show from behind the scenes. I'm hearing no rumors, so it's a wait and see game at this point.

What exactly did that self reliance mean in that religion? I was reading this earlier and it was confusing. :)

Here is an excellent article--the one from which I gained the perspective of North Korean political ideology as a religion.

Juche (Major Religions Ranked by Size)

we are not imperialists and we are not the cause of their problems, their problems are caused by corrupt evil people they have leading them.. what a novel concept.

we are not imperialists and we are not the cause of their problems, their problems are caused by corrupt evil people they have leading them.. what a novel concept.

I don't think UrbanFool was saying that the US actually *is* imperialist and the cause of all their problems, but was rather repeating the propaganda that is fed to these people *constantly* about the US, and how that would effect their determination to fight us.

Check out any YouTube or Netflix video on N. Korea, and you'll see how often the people interviewed talk about the "US dogs", about what our nation did to them in the Korean War, how we're responsible for their power shortages. There's even cartoon pictures on the grade school walls of smiling Korean children shooting at a groveling US soldier, and the children sing songs about destroying all the monsters in America.

Our nation is the scapegoat that the government keeps them united around so that they'll be willing to put up with the deprevations. Their government is *great*! Their government is *perfect*! But is only thwarted in reaching it's full, glittering splendour by those imperialist American dogs.

There's a rumor going around now that he may have been murdered.

In truth, I don't even know what an "Imperialist" is.

A man with the athletic prowess, divine insight, and sheer genius of the god-man Kim Jong Il is not subject to murder by lesser beings.