What did you get for Christmas?

beefche

I also got a super nice set of pots and pan, RED! Yeah! To go with colors I am tryi ngto set in my kitchen of red and yellow. Loved it.

I got pots and pans my first Christmas with my husband, and it was seriously the best gift that I got that year! But then again, I love cooking and baking for the family. This Christmas has been a very modest one, and to be honest, it was refreshing!

The best christmas present I got was a coat from my wife, as the only decent one I had left was the trench coat I use for work.

I also got to skype with my brother, who is on a mission, which made a nice change from the usual e-mails.

I bought my BIL a fairly pricy remote control helicopter, although I was debating with myself in store how long it'd last for - touch wood, it's still working :)

Edited by Mahone

Guest FixingTheWrongs

Ha Ha. I doubt anyone will understand what I got or what it is used for. I got around 2 dozen sets of photoetch and aftermarket parts to help me build 1/700 scale warships of the Imperial Japanese Navy of WWII and a few reference books on ships in this navy.

I'm big into modeling the Japanese navy so I was very excited.

Ha Ha. I doubt anyone will understand what I got or what it is used for. I got around 2 dozen sets of photoetch and aftermarket parts to help me build 1/700 scale warships of the Imperial Japanese Navy of WWII and a few reference books on ships in this navy.

I'm big into modeling the Japanese navy so I was very excited.

That's neat. Have you done any subs or plan to do any subs? Or are surface ships your interest? For the record if you've completed anything (or when you complete anything) and feel like taking some pictures and posting them I at least would be interested.

That's neat. Have you done any subs or plan to do any subs? Or are surface ships your interest? For the record if you've completed anything (or when you complete anything) and feel like taking some pictures and posting them I at least would be interested.

Me too!

I grew up with 2 brothers who, between them, have a complete set (at the time) of models of the US aircraft carriers and warplanes. I loved those things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

The reminded me of a story from my childhood.  When I was about nine years of age, I was with my mother in a shopping mall.  There was the token LONG line of bored looking parents and children foaming at the mouth waiting to see Santa Claus.  I asked my mother if I could please speak with Santa.  I remember her clearly saying, "Whatever on earth for?"  I told her in my nine-year-old way that that was for me to know and him to hear.  She grudgingly agreed to stand with me in line.  I am sure we got more than a few odd stares at a sour-faced mother and a little boy wearing his kippah standing in line to see the Man in Red.  When I finally got to hop up on Santa's lap, I asked softly if it would be at all possible for him to visit our house for just one night of Chanukah.  He smiled, but before he could respond, my mother grabbed my arm and led me away.  Apparently I hadn't asked quite as softly as I'd thought I had.

Edited by Aish HaTorah