No, Virginia. There is no such thing as a million dollar bill.

Just_A_Guy

If you do choose to fake a $1 million bill, don't expect the cashier at Walmart (or anywhere for that matter) to have enough change in the register to actually break it. I mean seriously, what did this guy think was going to happen when he presented this bill? Lets say the cashier could break it but had nothing larger than $20s. How was he going to carry 50,000 $20 bills? How long would it have taken to count them out?

Ok, that's 45,139...45,140.....45,142......err......I lost count......1,2,3,4......

This just goes into the books as one of the dumbest criminals EVER!

Did he make it or did he get taken by someone else? He might have really thought it was real, the article doesn't say..... or I missed the obvious. lol

I'd hate to be in the position of convincing a jury/judge that someone wouldn't reasonably know that a $1,000,000 bill was fake.

Edited by Dravin

I'd hate to be in the position of convincing a jury/judge that someone wouldn't reasonably know that a $1,000,000 bill was fake.

Well.... you know the Foxworthy song "here's your sign"? Sadly I've met some of those ppl. I could see someone falling for it. The same ppl that think the random emails they get mean they really did inherit a bunch of money from someone they don't know in a country they have never heard of.

Well.... you know the Foxworthy song "here's your sign"? Sadly I've met some of those ppl. I could see someone falling for it. The same ppl that think the random emails they get mean they really did inherit a bunch of money from someone they don't know in a country they have never heard of.

I know someone that fell for the "We will pay off all your school loans" thing. Gave out her SSN and everything. Crazy!! :o

It's take something like footage from the last family get together where he almost drown from looking up in the rain or a developmental disorder to convince me he lacked the mental acuity to not notice the denomination of the bill was suspect.

Sorry, it's bugging me. It was Bill Engvall that used "here's your sign" as his comedy line. Foxworthy used "you might be a redneck if..." as his comedy line.

Carry on with the conversation now that I got that bug out of my head.....

LOL fair enough beef. However, the two did tour together and Foxworthy did his share of the jokes and they collaborated on a lot of them so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But yes you are correct, Bill had it first, my bad.

I know it's easy to dismiss this guy as stupid (which isn't entirely unfair no matter the situation) but they don't say he made the bill, just that he insisted it was real. I'd like to hear the rest of the story.

Either he's really dumb making outrageous counterfeit money or he really thought it was real. I have a hard time believing someone with the forethought and skill to create fake money that would be that dumb. Which leaves me with he really thought it was real. I know it's easy to think "well doesn't that make him even more dumb?" but not really. How many ppl do you know that have never seen a $100 bill? Maybe you know rich ppl and you don't know any but I know plenty of ppl that I wouldn't be surprised if they have never seen anything bigger than a $20. They know these other bills exist but they haven't had the pleasure of owning one. They also know millionaires exist but haven't had the pleasure of meeting one. Could such a person be naive enough to be conned into going against their natural reaction of "that's not real" into believing such a thing does exist? I think so. Not saying that makes them the brightest bulb in the box but it's possible. So it leaves me wondering what the guys defense is. Did he make it? Did he get conned? And for curiosity's sake, I'd love to see what it looked like. lol

LOL fair enough beef. However, the two did tour together and Foxworthy did his share of the jokes and they collaborated on a lot of them so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But yes you are correct, Bill had it first, my bad.

That's so selfish of you, Gwen. You may not be losing any sleep, but clearly, beefche is. Show some compassion!

Turns out $1,000,000 bills are printed all the time. As novelties. Some have even been printed using paper from the same supplier the Treasury uses.

"...many businesses print million dollar bills for sale as novelties. Such bills do not assert that they are legal tender. The Federal Reserve has declared them legal to print or own and does not consider them counterfeit because no genuine million dollar bill exists or ever has existed."

Fake denominations of United States currency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It also appears this has happened 3 times before. Maybe they need the same rules with the bold "this is not legal tender" as other fake money is required to have? Do an image search and the novelty ones are very realistic looking.

I just see a big difference in making a fake bill and trying to spend one. They are 2 different crimes.

Could it be argued that if one really believed it was real then can they be charged with trying to purchase goods with a forged bill. If I go to the store and buy something and they give me a fake $20 as change that someone used previously, then I go to another store and it's discovered it's a fake what crime have I committed?

The Federal Reserve has declared them legal to print or own and does not consider them counterfeit because no genuine million dollar bill exists or ever has existed.

Fuller was later charged with attempting to obtain property by false pretense and uttering a forged instrument, both felonies.

can he be charged for using forged instrument if the federal reserve doesn't consider it counterfeit? False pretense yes.... if he knew it was fake?