MarginOfError

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, to actually take a crack at things:

Counselors: HiJolly, Ram

Clerk: Vort

Exec Sec: John Doe (in addition to his hymn book straightening duties).

EQ: FunkyTown

RS: Pam (And yes, she will be issued a banhammer)

YM: Prince of Light :devious:

YW: Anatess

Primary: Snow

Sunday School: MoE

Hey, HiJolly! Shall we plan a secret takeover of the ward? Don't you think Pam would make a better bishop? Or maybe Beefche?

Hey, HiJolly! Shall we plan a secret takeover of the ward? Don't you think Pam would make a better bishop? Or maybe Beefche?

You're forgetting: Better to weild power from the shadows instead of being a target. I'm nice and tractable, let me be your figure head Bishop.

I'm both flattered that you'd call me to Primary president, and a little mad at you for sticking me with the kids for a 7th day in a week. But I've served in Primary and I think it's my favorite, so I'll get over it. :)

I like Gwen's ward :) ooo ooo meme pick me I wanna be Sunbeam teacher....they are SO cute

I would pick Loudmouth as YW pres.

We would need a moderator for RS Pres. to keep the chatter clean..but I don't know which one yet....

hmmm, who would I put in nursery...Anatess

Moe, you would be a RS teacher

EQ Pres. Dravin

Funky as YM pres.

Seminary as SS teacher, you know you'd love it

JohnDoe for Exec. Sec.

Primary pres. ooo tough one...... oh, I know! Pam! Those naughty valiants don't stand a chance, ours are always pranking people

I think I would pick Snow as a counselor and Rame as another

Prisonchap as HPGL

Don't worry I'm sure there is a place for everyone....

Not a very inspired bishop are we? lol

I'm in a branch so I'm not sure what to do with so many callings. I've also sworn I will never live in a ward again, branches make a nice home.

Branch Pres: Gwen

Counselor: Soul

Clerk: Moe

Exec Sec: don't have one

EQ Pres and HPGL: ryanh

Primary Pres, counselor, music, you name it: Lizzy16

Branch Music Leader: Jennarator

RS Pres: applepansy

Sunday School Pres: prisonchaplain

YM Pres: DrT

YW Pres: Backroads

You sure do have an ecumenical bent to you! :D Or is it that you like service to be "dry?"

Counselors: MOE, Funky

Clerk: Dravin

Exec Sec: Goodfeeling (in addition to his hymn book straightening duties).

EQ: PC

RS:Anatess

YM: Mormonmusic

YW: Gwen

Primary: Backroads

Sunday School: Wingnut

I may end up doing like the German Lutheran minister I met in Korea did once. We were walking down a road and saw two LDS missionaries. The Lutheran asked me in all seriousness, "What kind of church is that which has such young elders???" :cool:

You sure do have an ecumenical bent to you! :D Or is it that you like service to be "dry?"

LOL so I had to look up ecumenical. I was a little worried about too many non lds for an lds branch but it seems I made a good choice. All the lds turned to secret combinations pretty quick. lol But in the end I do have to admit I just like diversity.

How does that differ from Elders Quorum? Slightly older?

Yes, older. Really to get the High Priest keys of the priesthood you need to have needed those specific keys, such as being part of the bishopric.

There are many that stay Elders their whole lives, but around 45-ish, they typicilly join the High Priest Group at church, and go to that class, I guess so they are around people closer to their age? I know someone can explaine this better than me.

Yes, older. Really to get the High Priest keys of the priesthood you need to have needed those specific keys, such as being part of the bishopric.

There are many that stay Elders their whole lives, but around 45-ish, they typicilly join the High Priest Group at church, and go to that class, I guess so they are around people closer to their age? I know someone can explaine this better than me.

Now that I read this, it makes no real sense, please someone do better.....

You more or less have it right - to hold certain positions in the Church (Bishop or counselor, stake president or presidency member, stake high councilor . . .) you have to be ordained to the office of a High Priest. Once you're released from service, you remain a high priest and so during priesthood meeting you don't meet with the elders anymore. Each ward has its own elders quorum; but each stake only has one high priest quorum with the Stake President serving as the quorum president. Therefore, at normal Sunday ward services the high priests of a ward will meet in a "group" (not a "quorum") led by a "group leader", not a "quorum president".

As you say, once a man starts getting more "seasoned" he'll often be invited to meet with the high priests instead of the elders, even if he was never formally ordained a high priest. My dad is in his mid-sixties and is in this situation.

So, this calling of mine is more or less to keep the "seasoned citizens" entertained??? Oh, and no pressure really...it's just that most of the class has "been there and done that" so many times, that the level of skepticism that a group leader really has any new or fresh insights would be sky high...sounds like a perfect role for the young kid with the funny collar...

So, this calling of mine is more or less to keep the "seasoned citizens" entertained??? Oh, and no pressure really...it's just that most of the class has "been there and done that" so many times, that the level of skepticism that a group leader really has any new or fresh insights would be sky high...sounds like a perfect role for the young kid with the funny collar...

I vote prisonchaplin changes his user name to FunkyCollar!*

*I know you said "funny collar," but FunkyCollar sounds better.

I vote prisonchaplin changes his user name to FunkyCollar!*

*I know you said "funny collar," but FunkyCollar sounds better.

So between him and FunkyTown which would be the super hero and which would be the sidekick? They could be the Funky Duo.