If you were bishop of the LDS.net ward

MarginOfError

No Prisonchaplain, I didn't put you in with the more experienced crowd because of bad reasons! LOL! It is because they tend to get weary in well doing, and sometimes forget they are still capable of a lot of great service! HEHE I think you could get them and keep them going....it's a compliment

BTW my hubby is a high priest, and so is the Bishop of the ward.

When my hubby became a High Priest he made a joke (at the podium in Sacrament meeting no less) that he was in a bishopric meeting and they heard someone's baby boy crying in the hall way. The baby cried on and on and would not be consoled by his mother. He said the bishop left his office and the crying stopped after a moment, and he returned and sait down to continue the meeting. My hubby said that he and the other counselor asked what he did to make the baby stop crying....and that the bishop replied, "I ordained him a High Priest and he fell right to sleep" LOL He is part of that group now, and I know it is more important than ever that these worthy priesthood holders keep their chins up and continue on with the works the Lord has for them to do. I think you would be great at that PrisonChaplain!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, older. Really to get the High Priest keys of the priesthood you need to have needed those specific keys, such as being part of the bishopric.

There are many that stay Elders their whole lives, but around 45-ish, they typicilly join the High Priest Group at church, and go to that class, I guess so they are around people closer to their age? I know someone can explaine this better than me.

Just as a note: I was ordained a high priest at the age of 29. So, they aren't always old (although I'm now getting closer to that old age thingy).

So, this calling of mine is more or less to keep the "seasoned citizens" entertained??? Oh, and no pressure really...it's just that most of the class has "been there and done that" so many times, that the level of skepticism that a group leader really has any new or fresh insights would be sky high...sounds like a perfect role for the young kid with the funny collar...

You would be responsible for the widows, many of the young male adults that are struggling in their testimonies, family history (genealogy), temple work, and a few other things.

I guess before we can set you apart as high priest group leader, we'd better get you baptized and ordained a high priest..... Let me know, we'll set up a time when I can swing by and take care of all of it for you. :lol:

Yes, older. Really to get the High Priest keys of the priesthood you need to have needed those specific keys, such as being part of the bishopric.

There are many that stay Elders their whole lives, but around 45-ish, they typicilly join the High Priest Group at church, and go to that class, I guess so they are around people closer to their age? I know someone can explaine this better than me.

I'll be 50 this year and there are many High Priests younger than me in my ward. But there are also many Elders who are around my age and we are fine with meeting and being with the Elders. Most of our younger Elders are either preparing for missions or are in Young Men's anyway, so us Old Elders are really the anchors of those meetings. I think the younger guys who do meet with us gain a lot from our experience, especially when it comes to talking about kids and relationships with spouses.

Irrigated ha ha ha ha As in 'all wet' or 'peed on'? :lol:

See most people would assume I meant irritated, made a typo, and moved on. However, you, demonstrating the axiom that great minds think alike, actually go the wry humor. :cool:

BTW, I can recommend a good therapist, if you would like. :D

Dr. T? Calling Dr. T!

Ok, my turn to take a stab at this.... Since this is a fantasy ward, I can appoint someone else as bishop instead of me, right? ;) I'd make a horrible bishop.

Bishop: Pam

Counselors: Vort and mormonmusic

Clerk: MOE

RS President: jayanna

Counselors: Volgadon and Beefche

EQP: Dravin

HPGL: Ram

Sunday School President: FunkyTown

YW Pres: lizzy

YM Pres: estradling

Primary Pres: anatess

Counselors: madeline and Shelly

Edited by JudoMinja

Okay, to actually take a crack at things:

Counselors: HiJolly, Ram

Clerk: Vort

Exec Sec: John Doe (in addition to his hymn book straightening duties).

EQ: FunkyTown

RS: Pam (And yes, she will be issued a banhammer)

YM: Prince of Light :devious:

YW: Anatess

Primary: Snow

Sunday School: MoE

WHOA! Young Women! Really??? Cool... new YW rule - NO DATING! YEP!

:D

I like Gwen's ward :) ooo ooo meme pick me I wanna be Sunbeam teacher....they are SO cute

hmmm, who would I put in nursery...Anatess

Yeay! I get to teach them how to be ornery in Sunbeam! :D

RS:Anatess

I think I like nursery better. I don't have to learn to make green jello. :D

Primary Pres: anatess

Only if I get to have madeleine1 and Shelly2000 for councellors. We'll put these children in Catholic School attire with the white knee-high socks and black patent shoes and part their hair on the left side. They would look soooo cute on Sacrament Meeting Presentation. And they get the bonus of knowing the difference between Godhead and Trinity. :D:D:D

Ooh...

Bishop: Dravin

Counselors: FunkyTown, Loudmouth_Mormon

Clerk: TheTraveler

Exec Sec: Pam

EQ Pres: Rameamptum

HPGL: Vort

Primary Pres: Myself. I can so do Primary.

Primary Music Leader: mormonmusic

RS Pres: anatess

Sunday School Pres: Elphaba

YM Pres: john_doe

YW Pres: Bini.

Bishop: Mordorbund

Counselors: Mordorbund, Mordorbund

EQP: Mordorbund

HPGL: Mordorbund

RS Pres: Mordorbund

Primary Pres: Mordorbund

YM Pres: Mordorbund

YW Pres: Mordorbund

Ward Reverence Child: Mordorbund

I'm promise you I'm not overworking myself. If I were Bishop, these boards would be very empty. <SIGH> It's so lonely being Bishop.

I'm promise you I'm not overworking myself. If I were Bishop, these boards would be very empty. <SIGH> It's so lonely being Bishop.

On the plus side it sounds like you'd make 100% activity.

Is anyone keeping count of the results? I would like to see the winners...

Just like at church, some people like to keep score when there really is no competition. It seems to me that the ones who aspire to be bishop, or EQP, or YM Pres.,etc., are generally shocked by how hard it is to do the job when they finally get called to it. Within weeks they usually regret the day they ever thought they could do a better job than the previous holder of the position.

I'm just fine if I never get called to be a church leader again, as long as what I have done is deemed acceptable in the eyes of God and Jesus when it's all over. I don't remember who it was for sure, but I remember a quote from someone in conference saying they would be happy if they could teach Primary for the rest of their lives.

You have to determine what qualifies as winning first. :)

Does this?