Discussions on Scriptures

alexis

Hello LDS.net Friends!

I was stumble upon-ing (?) on the Mormon channel and ran across BYUtv's website. I found that you can watch every episode of their Discussions on [book of Scripture]. Since this is how I originally got through most of the Book of Mormon, I was delighted that I could watch them again.

These series are good for anybody. Whether you're brand new to the Book of Mormon and are shying away from the heavy vocabulary or are preparing for your mission, these shows are a great resource. Be sure to keep your scriptures nearby. They do reference verses and such without reading them but they do display the current verses on the screen. Such as (Book Chapter: Verse). That way you can follow along.

Here are the links, if anybody is interested.

BYUtv - Discussions on the Old Testament

BYUtv - The Acts to Revelation: Discussions on the New Testament

BYUtv - Discussions on the Book of Mormon

BYUtv - Discussions on the Doctrine and Covenants

BYUtv - Pearl of Great Price Discussions

And I'd like to add one more to the list. Although it's not a series, nor does it cover LDS beliefs, I still think that the Dead Sea Scrolls are important and do own a copy of them. So to round out this list, I'm adding the program covering these scriptures.

BYUtv - LDS Perspectives on the Dead Sea Scrolls

Enjoy your scripture study!

I just clicked on the link and I THINK it will work--- just can't click "watch" right now, as I don't want to wake up my dear husband who does not suffer from insomnia as I sometimes do. I bookmarked the Dead Sea Scrolls, so I can try later.

I do have some books on them, (haven't opened them in years) but it does not seem that they were all available yet, and my my my but it was hard to understand some of them-:(

I've become a fan of byutv.org over the preceding year, watching the whole BYU football independence thing. It's really a pretty great channel (BYUtv, that is). I'm not a big TV guy, but I do enjoy BYUtv. Alexis' find is a good one.

For the record, you can watch the entire 1980 BYU/SMU Holiday Bowl, aka "The Miracle Bowl", at byutv.org. Go forth and watch it, little ones!

For the record, you can watch the entire 1980 BYU/SMU Holiday Bowl, aka "The Miracle Bowl", at byutv.org. Go forth and watch it, little ones!

I saw the game in person. :) 1/2 of the stadium had left. I'm glad I'm one that stayed.