Is it "wrong" to wait to have children?

zuko725

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having children isnt so simple anymore. It is outlandishly expensive if you use a regular doctor and hospital. Frankly I dont see how young people manage, although I am glad they do. It used to be that I thought that the expense 'excuse' was just selfish but not anymore providing the couple is not just spending the money on other things that are less important.

Unless the financial concern is "I won't be able to afford a fourth sportscar", thinking about affording the kid is smart, not selfish.

The good thing about having kids young is that they will be out of the house when you are young. By that time you should have money to do what you want... Can you say vacation galore :cool: . I am looking at my daughters being out of the house at 38 ;)

She'll be 38 or you will be?:o

Don't be so sure they always want to leave. I've got a 30 something at home(he does pay rent), and so does one of my sisters.:mellow:

In today's economy, the leaving and returning rate of kids is not low!:eek:

Don't be so sure they always want to leave. I've got a 30 something at home(he does pay rent), and so does one of my sisters.:mellow:

In today's economy, the leaving and returning rate of kids is not low!:eek:

When they're 18 I won't feel obligated to stay and be with them though.

My little pumpkin is 34 and still living with me. :D He's welcome to stay until he finishes grad school. Personally, he could stay after that, but now I'm at the point where I think he really needs to make an effort to get married.

I'm glad I had him when I was young. I was able to go back to school, change careers and do stuff for me while I was still relatively young and healthy. I had friends who waited until their mid 30's to have kids and it wasn't always pretty. Some had a rough time of it.

I think a woman should have an education before having kids, but after that, do what you want. My son is running into these chicks who 'can't' get married after college because they need to go set the world on fire. Many of them will look up 10-15 years from now and wonder why they aren't married or are too old to have babies without a lot of medical intervention.

I guess I don't put as high a requirement on education as I don't think higher education is for everyone and if a woman doesn't want to pursue a degree but chooses to do something else, I think that's fine. What I don't approve of is these girls who waste years doing nothing useful because they're waiting to get married.