Tech Question

JudoMinja

I used to know how to do this, but it's been a long time since I've been anywhere near a mac-

I have a Microsoft Word .doc file that I created on a pc and uploaded to a file sharing site. Someone with a mac tries to download it and can only see the words on the document, not the images. I do not know if she has Word on her mac computer- I've asked her and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. If she does, I know it should work if I just update my file to a .docx instead of a .doc. However, if she does not have Word on her mac, is there a way I can make my file compatible with whatever comes standard on her mac?

Thank you tech-savvy people in advance!

I used to know how to do this, but it's been a long time since I've been anywhere near a mac-

I have a Microsoft Word .doc file that I created on a pc and uploaded to a file sharing site. Someone with a mac tries to download it and can only see the words on the document, not the images. I do not know if she has Word on her mac computer- I've asked her and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. If she does, I know it should work if I just update my file to a .docx instead of a .doc. However, if she does not have Word on her mac, is there a way I can make my file compatible with whatever comes standard on her mac?

Install a PDF printer (if you haven't already) and print the file to a pdf. Then she'll definitely be able to view it, although she won't be able to edit it.

.docx is a newer Microsoft Word format so that suggest access to Office 2007 or 2010, the latter to my understanding can save as a PDF natively, for the former: Download: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Edited by Dravin

well if its .doc, then if she has any MS Word version from that point on she should see the pictures... I"d ask her what program she's using. I'd think that open office or bean should be able to register the pictures in teh document.

Try converting it to .rtf. When I worked at state unemployment office I had a customer who had a mac and I had him do that so he could use it in our office PCs. It may depend on MAC program used though. I've never used MAC.

does .rtf support pictures?