"Adaptations" in the Family Proclamation - a shift in responsibility/accountability, or execution?

Shoot_The_Moon

That's where I need some help, (and the reason I'm on this forum in the first place). :)

Let's start small with a little process of elimination...

Do appropriate adaptations in the family ever include premeditated murder (or murder outside of self-defense)?

Do appropriate adaptations in the family ever include blah blah blah blah blah....

I'm not really interested in having a discussion with someone who thinks that simplistic sophistry qualifies as elevated discourse.

A thought comes to mind...The Pharisees condemned Christ due to his adaptations of not living the letter of the construed laws they had.

I think pharisee is a good term to bring into the conversation at this point, RescueMom. Thanks.

That's the question - do the "adaptations" redefine what your divinely appointed "business and responsibilities" are, or not? Or does it redefine one but not the other?

I will reiterate- adaptations are what help us meet our responsibilities when we are in situations that are not the norm and cannot fulfill them in the most ideal way. There is no redefinition, no exemption, no "cop out". Those responsibilities are still there and always will be there, and we will be held accountable if we do not find ways to meet them.

Take my situation for an example- I am a single parent. Growing up I prepared myself for motherhood with the assumption that I'd be able to be a stay-at-home mother and homeschool my children. I still hope that I can someday do this, and am dating and looking for someone who will be able to provide for my family so that I can, but at the moment I have to adapt.

My primary responsibility as a mother is to see to the nurturing of my son. I can't be there for him 24/7 because I have to work to pay our bills. So, how do I adapt to make sure my responsibility is still met? I very carefully and very meticulously selected a daycare that I felt would provide him everything I would have liked to provide on my own- that would teach him, and shape him, and nurture him in a manner I deemed acceptable. I communicate with the daycare staff so that I know what he's been learning and doing, and so that I can build on it myself when we are home together. His nurturing and care is my number one concern and comes before everything else. If I had a problem with his daycare, I would pull him out in a heartbeat to find a better location. I also only keep him in daycare when I absolutely must and I don't try to pawn him off on other people, because his care and nurturing is my responsibility.

Another situation where someone might have to adapt in an even more extreme manner might be a pregnant teen who knows she won't be able to provide for her baby once born. In order to meet her responsibility to nurture the child, they decide that the best route is to put it up for adoption. This individual is never exempted from her responsibility for that child, but she finds a way to meet it by putting the care of the child in the hands of those more capable than her.

So again- the adaptation is the changes and alterations you make, because of an adverse and/or unideal situation, so that you can make sure your responsibilities are still met. I do not understand why you are continuing to push this when the answer seems perfectly clear if you just read the definition of "adaptation".