Superbowl on Sunday

Bini

Pam, I remember those days. For about five years in a row I always worked weekends. Mondays and Tuesdays were typically my off days.

I have Friday and Saturday nights off. I work graveyard shift.

I don't typically watch sports on Sunday, but I am willing to make exceptions for big events, particularly if it means spending good social time with friends and neighbors.

I also allow myself to watch elimination games that fall on Sunday when one of the teams playing is my team (Red Sox or Patriots).

Is it justification? Absolutely. But I can live with that.

I don't typically watch sports on Sunday, but I am willing to make exceptions for big events, particularly if it means spending good social time with friends and neighbors.

I also allow myself to watch elimination games that fall on Sunday when one of the teams playing is my team (Red Sox or Patriots).

Is it justification? Absolutely. But I can live with that.

That's mostly what it's about for us, too. Watching the game this very moment with friends and family AND eating!

My husband doesn't watch football. Just another reason that I'm a lucky, lucky lady.

I thought that way when I got married. Who knew we'd give birth to the biggest sports fan in the nation? Despite our best efforts, the little fella couldn't even read until he taught himself to read the Washington Post sports pages about the Redskins. It's been down hill since then.

A story - A few years ago, I'm sitting at the computer and my (now grown) son comes running out of his room and runs back and forth in the living room like a 4 year old, crying, 'OMG OMG OMG!' I look at him and ask what the heck is his problem. He drops to his knees and says, "Joe Gibbs is coming back to the Redskins!"

This is what can happen when you pay too much attention to sports. You lose your mind. :lol: