Is It Just Me Or You Sick ?

Winnie G

Is it just me or are you sick of the new Pope and his big size DD foot in his mouth?

This Pope has done more harm then good in such a short space of time it’s mind-boggling. Will it stop I wonder?

Could world poverty, starvation, war and human injustice be talked about and brought to light.

On the other hand, are his $3.000 dollar Prada shoes / a “gift” being sold off on EBay to buy school supplies in the Sudan?

Can someone just ell him to Shut UP already! :angry2::angry:

"Benedict cited an obscure Medieval text that characterizes some of the teachings of Islam's founder as "evil and inhuman" — comments some experts took as a signal that the Vatican was staking a more demanding stance for its dealings with the Muslim world."

It was a comment that may or may not have been taken out of context. Sometimes I wish that everyone would allow anyone to worship in the way that they choose instead of picking it apart.

It was one of the first lead stories on tonight news; he is now inviting them for a open dialogue. Its not like the Catholic church has been know for open dialogue in the past.

History has shown that, lets see the Crusades maybe??? Blood spilled in the name of God, their history is full of it. Who is he to point out the faults of others.

If they belive they speck for the Christian world then speak of peace and good will and take your billion and feed the poor cloth the naked and so on.

Yup it really bugs me, then right after that was CTV report, (sorry not good with links)

Does any of this ever end?

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

New U.S. terror report causes political uproar

Updated Sun. Sep. 24 2006 11:30 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

An intelligence report that said the Iraq war has increased the threat of terrorism has armed the U.S. Democrats with what they hope will be new ammunition for the November midterm elections.

With the campaign entering its last six weeks, they used the report as a springboard for a volley of statements to reporters that they hoped would wound the Republicans' image as the best party to defend the U.S. against terrorism.

Accounts of the classified report published Sunday in The New York Times and Washington Post said that the war in Iraq has boosted Islamic radicalism and that the threat of terrorism has actually grown since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

"Unfortunately this report is just confirmation that the Bush administration's stay-the-course approach to the Iraq war has not just made the war more difficult and more deadly for our troops, but has also made the war on terror more dangerous for every American," said a statement from Rep. Rahm Emanuel, head of the Democratic effort to take control of the House.

"It's time for a new direction in this country," Emanuel (D-Ill.) said.

The Associated Press reported that an intelligence official had confirmed that the report represented a consensus reached by 16 U.S. intelligence agencies. He asked not to be named because the report is classified.

In a rebuttal, the White House said officials in the administration has made similar arguments as some in the report. As an example, a White House strategy booklet stated that while terrorists have become less centralized, they remain a threat to U.S. security.

President George W. Bush has described the terrorist threat as becoming more spread out and less dependent on leadership from leaders such as Osama Bin Laden, and has quoted a statement by bin Laden that called Iraq the main battlefield.

Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) said the report shows Bush has misled Americans about how Iraq is adding to the threat of terrorism.

"The American people know it and our military leaders do as well," Kennedy said. "It's only the Republican leaders who have their heads in the sand, stubbornly refusing to change course and making the war on terror harder to win."

Rep. Jane Harman, the leading Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, has read the report and said she agrees with it.

"Iraq is making the world less safe, we should ... the president should not be saying we're turning the corner in Iraq," she told CNN's Late Edition.

"Even capturing the remaining top al Qaeda leadership isn't going to prevent copycat cells, and it isn't going to change a failed policy in Iraq," she also said. "This administration is trying to change the subject. I don't think voters are going to buy that."

Democrats running in congressional races used the report to link their opponents to Bush's failing strategy.

In New York, Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand, running against Republican Rep. John Sweeney, called for accountability for Sweeney's support for the administration's Iraq strategy and urged that U.S. forces be pulled out of Iraq over the next six to 12 months.

High-profile Republicans Sen. John McCain of Arizona and Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky defended the war. They said they hadn't seen the report, but were responding to the published accounts.

"Attacks here at home stopped when we started fighting al Qaeda where they live, rather than responding after they hit," McConnell said in a statement, suggesting that leaving would only create "a breeding ground for attacks here at home."

"They didn't need any encouragement to attack us on Sept. 11," McCain told CNN.

Republican Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, however, said that he agreed with the report.

If the war in Iraq is a focal point for inspiring more radical Islamic fundamentalism, "that's a problem that nobody seems to have an answer to," Specter said on CNN's Late Edition.

White House spokesman Blair Jones said the White House wouldn't comment on a classified document. He then went on to say that the newspaper's accounts of the report are "not representative of the complete document."

Bush has repeatedly insisted that fighting terrorists in Iraq keeps them from attacking America. "We are safer because we are on the offence against our enemies overseas, he said on Sept. 7.

Well, the Muslims sure showed that they are really a peaceful people, didn't they? They responded by killing a 60-year-old nun working at a Somali hospital and have firebombed several Catholic churches.

That convinces me! http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/mostert/060918

Not saying the Pope was right to say what he did, but their reaction only made them look worse.

Des,

What did he said about the Muslims?

Dr. T

"By FRANCES D'EMILIO

VATICAN CITY Sep 16, 2006 (AP)— Pope Benedict XVI "sincerely regrets" offending Muslims with his reference to an obscure medieval text that characterizes some of the teachings of Islam's founder as "evil and inhuman," the Vatican said Saturday."

Even if that is/were/was the case, a religious leader who is supposidly a spokes person for Go in the catholic faith should never say that!

I am not fond of muslims myself, but I would never go up to someone and say that about them or what they believe!

If someone said that about LDS (which some actually do), I would not be pleased.

In that light, that is why it made me so man.

He said in a round about way he is not taking it back, say sorry, after all he did not write it. :blink:

So if the word nigger was written by others, does that give us the right to repeat it?

Out shine you have to stop rounding all Muslims in one group.

I know plenty and they are not “The axis’s evil” some would like us to think.

The rotten apple does not make the whole barrel spoil.

Actually I've spent a fair amount of time in the Middle East; I know the reality of Muslim life.

That said, the people who did this did not help refute the pope at all; they only hurt their cause by murdering nuns and burning churches in the name of Islam. It doesn't exactly prove him wrong...

<div class='quotemain'>

Actually I've spent a fair amount of time in the Middle East; I know the reality of Muslim life.

That said, the people who did this did not help refute the pope at all; they only hurt their cause by murdering nuns and burning churches in the name of Islam. It doesn't exactly prove him wrong...

And I am sure alot of what we say and do "prove" anti-mormons wrong.

When people have a fixed idea in their head, nothing can change it.

And I am sure alot of what we say and do "prove" anti-mormons wrong.

When people have a fixed idea in their head, nothing can change it.

I'm sure you see the difference. It's the same as if a minister said some nasty things about Mormons (as some do), and a group of Latter-day Saints shoots his wife and burns his church. It would make us all look bad. Unfortunately the normal Muslims can't control what the extremists do in the name of Islam.

And nothing the pope says now can fix the problem; they have already taken offense.

Thanks for all of your thoughts on that. Des, the thing that really upsets you about that again is what? In a lot of churches in the world there has been violence. Not all, but many Muslim spokesman do advocate violence against all non-Muslim religious sects. If they killed someone in your family for being LDS would you not speak out against the violence in that system? As OS pointed out-its not too far off the mark. I was just wondering if you were jumping on the bandwagon to denounce what the pope said without really knowing what it was he said.

Thanks,

Dr. T

Ok here we go again, your going to say, so do not.

In Canada to off set the low birth rate we invite immigrants and have a high rate of refuges invited in to this country.

Many Many of them are Muslims some escaping the violence and poverty of their homeland.

They have not cause havoc in the streets here, protest to denounce remarks made by leaders and religious leaders. Yes and many non-Muslims stand with them.

Do you honestly think that their faith bread their violence not corruption and poverty?

What is going on today started a long time ago, the same in Africa Hattie and so on.

Poverty is the root of mans sin ageist man.

Hi Winnie,

I don't know if your last post was directed at me or not. Here is a quote,

“Anyone who describes Islam as a religion as intolerant encourages violence.” - Pakistani Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam

The spokesman was saying, "You keep calling us violent we are going to be violent."

Dr. T

Hi Winnie,

I don't know if your last post was directed at me or not. Here is a quote,

“Anyone who describes Islam as a religion as intolerant encourages violence.” - Pakistani Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam

The spokesman was saying, "You keep calling us violent we are going to be violent."

Dr. T

okay.. that IS messed, but like Winnie says.. it isn't all of them.

I personally dont think how anyone can condemn a whole race or creed on the actions of a few...i mean have any of you ever read the qoran? or are most of you only judgeing a religion based on what media tells you and what the news tells you. If anyone has actually taken the time to look up some history they would know that no religion is really free of violence. I mean the catholics had the crusades, that was against the persians and arabian country (i believe) and even the mormonanism has history of violence in the BOM, i mean lets not forget what the nephites did that caused them to fall. MY overall point in this is that NO the pope should not have said those things at all, secondly the muslim attorities should do more of an effort in addressing the media that they disagree with all this violence instead of staying silent.

Why wasnt this pope more like john paul 2...that was a good man who tried and narrow the patch between all religions, non of us has the right to redicule or judge another persons beliefs