So we are neither trying nor preventing...

Backroads

The subject of progeny has come up recently with my current prescription of the pill nearing its end and my husband and I have decided to let nature and God do what they will.

I have never been in this position before. This may be a very weird question but... is there anything I should know?

The subject of progeny has come up recently with my current prescription of the pill nearing its end and my husband and I have decided to let nature and God do what they will.

I have never been in this position before. This may be a very weird question but... is there anything I should know?

Just take care of yourself, and start taking a prenatal vitamin. :) When/if you do get pregnant, the baby will already be a few weeks old before you find out, and that's a crucial time in it's development.

Also: Dollar Store pregnancy tests. Don't spend your $$ on the fancy-shmancy ones. :lol:

Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much...

Okay, are you really ready for 'the talk'? Maybe this is a topic for the Open Forum.

Jenamarie gave good advice. I would like to extend the "take care of yourself" to your husband also. Both parents need to be on a healthy diet prior to conception to give the baby the best advantage possible. We don't always think about the health of Dad affecting a baby but it can.

Eat lots of veggies now. After you are pregnant that pesky morning sickness makes it hard to eat anything.

I'm excited for you! Have fun letting nature take its course!

Hidden

Jenamarie gave good advice. I would like to extend the "take care of yourself" to your husband also. Both parents need to be on a healthy diet prior to conception to give the baby the best advantage possible. We don't always think about the health of Dad affecting a baby but it can.

Eat lots of veggies now. After you are pregnant that pesky morning sickness makes it hard to eat anything.

I'm excited for you! Have fun letting nature take its course!

We did that. From 1983 to 1999 (inclusive) we had a child every odd-numbered year. Whew.

HiJolly

my husband and I have decided to let nature and God do what they will.

Yes. "Not preventing" is the same thing as "trying".

Jenmarie and Eowyn gave you great, practical, realistic answers.

Happy making babies! Remember - "Loudmouthina" is a great name for a girl!

Things I learned on my journey..

1. Yes, use Dollar store prego tests. They're the exact same thing found at the pharmacy.

2. Don't tell anyone you're pregnant until you hear and see a heartbeat at your OB.

3. Jenamarie, is right. Start prenatals. If you can't stomach those (a lot of women can't) take kid's chewy gummy bears. They're the same thing.

4. Once you know you're prego, start prepping for baby. It's easier to shop along the way than drop a boatload of cash for stuff days/weeks before delivery.

5. Don't bank on people buying the stuff you want at your baby shower. Everyone is on a budget.

6. Continue to exercise and eat well. The less excess weight you have, the better shape your body will be in to carry a child and nurture it.

Good luck! Sometimes these things take time and sometimes they don't. I got prego immediately after tossing my BC. It was a MAJOR surprise :)

My doctor said Flintstone vitamins are the best. When I was carrying my twins, I took 2 a day. Folic acid is the most important, if a little pill is all you can stomach. You should be taking that now.

Every individual is unique, and for some, after going off the pill, pregnancy comes within a month or two, for others, it can take quite a lot longer. You've been given some great advice in the earlier posts. I don't have much to add. I'm an avid reader, and during my pregnancies I read a lot of books on pregnancy, and followed along with pictures of how my baby looked every step of the way. There are great internet sites that you can look at or post on FB, that shows what the baby looks like at week so-and-so, that could be fun for you.

Yes. "Not preventing" is the same thing as "trying".

Jenmarie and Eowyn gave you great, practical, realistic answers.

Happy making babies! Remember - "Loudmouthina" is a great name for a girl!

It will fit perfectly with the brother who will have this dreadful family name!

Don 't take iron and calcium together because they bind to each other and you get the nutrition from neither. Vitamin C helps your body absorb iron. Perhaps a yearly physical to make sure you have no health problems that could be corrected easier now than during a pregnancy. Anemia is an example.

Good points. I'm anemic and HATE my iron pills, not relevant to thread but had to share that.. LOL