Family history center in SLC. Need a copy of a family file. Advice?

lizzy16

So, there is supposed to be some sort of book listing all these names/info about the Hubers in Horgen.

I'm a BYU-Idaho student and my grandparents (live in Oregon) want me to track down this book for them and bring a copy back.

They went several years ago and got copies of the pages for a book about the Hueni family from Horgen.

I've spent a few weeks every summer working on putting the names into new family search and then doing the ordinances.

All the information in the book is finished. We're ready to start with the next one, which for us would be the records of the Hubers from Horgen, Switzerland.

My grandpa said the last time he went they didn't have the book on record. But, its supposed to be there.

Is there a way I can see there catalogs and search them online? When I get to SLC and the family history center will the consultants understand what I need? Or, is this all sounding strange?

The book may be missing from the library? I am wondering if it was a book about another family with a lot of information about your family. Still it should be listed.

Did you try the beta version as well as the old version of the catalogue? If nothing works you can call the library and ask them about the book. They do have people there to answer questions such as this. They arent going to do the searching but they may be able to tell you why you cant find the book.

Oh does that catalogue include the Joseph Smith Library? It should but maybe it doesnt.

• 1 month later...