Did I Sin?

Blue_Islands

Ahhh, no. No. It's none of the Bishop's business.

Use the spirit of revelation to make personal decisions like this --- like the prophets have told us to do on more than one occasion.

As others have pointed out - it's not a sin. So quit worrying about it, and don't bother the Bishop. He has more important things to worry about.

Um, yeah... That's the kind of attitude I was talking about. ;)

I think most bishops would rather you ask about something you're unsure of than not - as long as you're not going overboard and calling them at all hours of the night like Ned Flanders.

I think most bishops would rather you ask about something you're unsure of than not - as long as you're not going overboard and calling them at all hours of the night like Ned Flanders.

There's a degree of using commonsense, as well. Like, does one need to consult the bishop in the usage of tampons over feminine pads? If one is uncertain, first think about it using commonsense, if still uncertain, then pray to the Lord, and if you're really still torn about whether using a tampon is sinful - then by all means ask the bishop.

I think most bishops would rather you ask about something you're unsure of than not.

Oh?

I would say that worrying and needing to ask the bishop what is and isn't a sin, is getting awfully close to Pharisaical behavior. I've heard members in church make fun of the jewish religion because of all there rules and defining what is and isn't a sin. I think this entire thread and concept is no different, and is pretty well the definition of Pharisaical behavior.

So go ahead and mock my kind of attitude. I'll stick with my opinion, and you can stay with yours.

Sorry about the way that came across. I didn't intend to be mocking or rude. I've seen people making rationalizations to avoid visiting their leaders when it's actually needed, and that concerns me.

But I shouldn't have responded to you the way I did, and for that I apologize.

Okay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I am thankful to everyone who gave legitimate advice on this matter to me. Many have been wondering if this thread was a joke or not. I can most certainly assure you that it was not. I registered and posted on this website to ask a legitimate question in which it seems a few people got a laugh out of. If it is of any clarification to anyone I find myself constantly questioning whether or not I am living righteously.

If it is of any clarification I believe that the condition described in this article describes how I am always feeling:

What Does It Mean to Be Perfect? - New Era Jan. 2006 - new-era