Food storage - what about medicine?

Guest tomk

I would most definitely say: NEVER ever combine herbs with any over counter or prescription medication.

I'm not here to convince anyone else to use dried herbs and herbal combinations for medicines. We have done extensive research, plus fervent praying for guidance to make sure of what we are doing for our family. Dried herbs have worked in our family for close to 40 years now, and I can only vouch for our family successes. We put our finely crushed dried herbs into capsules. Some of our herbs are over 20 years old, but we still get the same results as when they were newly dried. We dry some of our own and buy others.

The bone herbal combination my husband made for me when I broke my arm in a place that could not be put in a cast.....was made from herbs that were about 8 years old.....the doctor could not believe how beautifully my arm healed.

We used an herbal lung combination for our kids a few years ago, which healed them so well, that none of them had a recurrence of bronchitis for years.

I took dried red raspberry leaf in capsules during every pregnancy, to strengthen my uterus: on our fourth child, the examining nurse asked me if this was my first child, when I said no, it's our 4th.....why do you ask? She said "because your uterus is so strong, I thought this had to be your first child".

I went to the doctor for a weird feeling on my head that we couldn't identify.......he said that is was my nerve lines and I was about to get shingles, which he said is very dangerous on the head as it is near the eyes. I asked him if I could try using herbs first, with a promise that I'd come back in 2 days if I didn't get good results.......we looked up what herbs would cure shingles and in 2 days the weird feeling was gone, I continued the every 4 hour regime for another week just to be sure.

We have used heart herbs and kyolic garlic for high blood pressure with fantastic results.

I could list our successes on and on.

Most people are not supportive of what we've done......nevertheless it works for us. It is certainly a learned skill.

We treat herbs with gratitude and respect, taking the calculated dose every 4 hours when used for illness, just as you would medicine. Other herbs are taken once a day......we limit the amount used for health maintenance to about 4 to 6 capsules a day.

Edited by shine7

This is an issue I have had to worry about, too. I have a heart condition that has made me dependent on medication, but I live in an area that has both tornado activity and now earthquakes. What I have found is that my perscription can be filled up to 10 days early. If I do this three times, I can save up a month worth of medicine. I would not like it to go bad, though, so I rotate it.

• 5 weeks later...

The army has done studies on the life of pills and found that many are good for years past their expiration dates. There was one antibiotic that did go bad and could actually become harmful but I can not remember what it was right now. Most of the drugs that I take now are generic so I have managed to build up a 1 year supply of most of them.