I have completed my second film.

Klein_Helmer

Greetings chaps,

I am happy to announce that I, along with several talented collaborators, have completed my second film, American Man.

American Man, is a story of redemption.

American Man, is an exclamation of ecstasy.

American Man, stars a young man who had ceaselessly wandered, looking for answers in any place but the church. He had indeed fallen away, but upon his return, we slaughtered the fattened... well, to be honest, we ordered pizza, and put gold around his neck. We reminded him that there is yet room in this world for clean fun.

Ladies and gentlemen,

American Man!!!

I have rendered you speechless.

I knew the film was powerful.

May I give you a nudge in the right direction? Perhaps you could start by talking about what you most liked, and conclude by mentioning the parts that were not particularly to your liking.

Hmmm...clicking on the link and anticipating what was to come--that proved to be a real highlight for me...

Where'd you study martial arts, Klein?

Oh my goodness.

First of all, know that you can expect nothing but measured, cordial courtesy from me on this board.

In response to your question, I studied and competed in TKD from the time I was very young until my early twenties. At that point I started training in MT - unfortunately injuries and the perils of vice have kept me out of gyms and indeed the very way of martial arts for years now.

I have rendered you speechless.

I knew the film was powerful.

May I give you a nudge in the right direction? Perhaps you could start by talking about what you most liked, and conclude by mentioning the parts that were not particularly to your liking.

I was being nice :huh:

Why do you hate America with a deep and vicious loathing?

What on earth?

What has you on this train of thought?

Are you winding me up?

Hmmm...clicking on the link and anticipating what was to come--that proved to be a real highlight for me...

Thank you for your thoughts. It was a labor intensive project, and it did not come without sacrifice..

The video had some funny moments but overall seemed "forced".

I am humbled by your compliment - and desirous of hearing your thoughts on how the film felt forced.

Will you indulge me? In what ways could it have been made better?

I was being nice :huh:

And I appreciated it.

Not only did you offer candid analysis, but you did it with a smile on your face.

What on earth?

What has you on this train of thought?

Are you winding me up?

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the "Why do you hate America?" meme, in which case the humor (such as it is) would escape you. Ask PC; he got it.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the "Why do you hate America?" meme, in which case the humor (such as it is) would escape you. Ask PC; he got it.

Uh...er...:::cough::: (in his best, most-neutral government agency monotone: I can neither confirm nor deny that I got it, or anything about anything at anytime in relation to anyone. :whistling:

I am humbled by your compliment - and desirous of hearing your thoughts on how the film felt forced.

Will you indulge me? In what ways could it have been made better?

Hard to pinpoint but the interaction with the racket was much.

What did you use to edit this?

Uh...er...:::cough::: (in his best, most-neutral government agency monotone: I can neither confirm nor deny that I got it, or anything about anything at anytime in relation to anyone. :whistling:

I must have missed that one.

Hard to pinpoint but the interaction with the racket was much.

What did you use to edit this?

I see, and I appreciate your candor.

This film was edited with the atrocious windows movie maker. I am pleased to say that, American Man, will be the last in a short line of projects made on a shoestring budget. From this point forward, only the finest in cameras, microphones, lighting, and editing software will be implemented. The difference in the final products should be distinct.

Day jobs are a great thing to have as a back up plan. I suggest you don't quit yours anytime soon.

Posted Image

I watch a lot of videos on Netflix that are associated with the phrase "made on a shoestring budget". I can honestly say that none of them even remotely resembled what I've witnessed here in American Man.

Helmer Time.

Helmer Time.

Ah, that's your rap. Or is it some form of "Miller time"? Or maybe a variation of "Mormon Standard Time"? Or a misspelling of your special new cooking spice?

One word in this sentence is misspelled.

Ah, that's your rap. Or is it some form of "Miller time"? Or maybe a variation of "Mormon Standard Time"? Or a misspelling of your special new cooking spice?

One word in this sentence is misspelled.

Bees in the what now?

I watched about 1 minute of it before clicking out of it.

Then sadly, you did not even make it into the B reel (the A material being of course saved for last).

I am however desirous of your analysis. What was your overall impression of the film? What might have been altered to get you further into the piece?

Edited by Klein_Helmer