"Are you tougher than a Boy Scout?"

Tougher Than a Boy Scout - Casting Update

The Boy Scouts of America have been teaching millions of youth the skills and discipline to be survivors in the most treacherous of scenarios. Now, for the first time in history, the Boy Scouts are inviting adults to compete against Scouts in a series of survival, smarts, and skill related challenges.

The National Geographic Channel has paired with the producers behind Deadliest Catch and Ax Men to answer the question and find out once and for all: ARE YOU TOUGHER THAN A BOY SCOUT?

We are looking for the best of the best: Highly skilled, motivated Boy Scouts, including Patrol Leaders and Senior Patrol Leaders. These elite scouts will go head to head against adult civilians from all walks of life as they compete in challenges based on the Scouts' 100 year old handbook, as they bid for merit badges, prizes, and respect.

Metal Flowers Media is looking for scouts, ages 17 and younger, who think they have what it takes to compete. Candidates must be U.S. citizens and live in the state of California. For more information and the chance to compete, please email Janelle Randazza at [email protected] no later than March 16.

Should be a really fun show to watch! But if you're in the California area, you may want to get on the show? (No, I won't be trying, but I thought I'd pass the word along!)

I'm thinking of our Scouts in the ward... hah. Yes, I'm tougher than all those guys. :D But, our Scouting program is not too great. I can't imagine these boys making it out of the "most treacherous of scenarios". They can't even go camping without their iPods.

This sounds awesome! I can't wait to see how the show turns out. I've always enjoyed "roughing it", and always found it so very disappointing that our Young Women camp outs weren't as rigorous as the Boy Scout camp outs. I have so many stories... ;)

Edited by JudoMinja

I'd love to be a participant on this show, but I imagine I'd be disqualified because I'm a boy scout leader.

I agree with others here that most boy scouts wouldn't stand a chance against me. However, I am certain that a number of my boy scouts would demolish most of my colleagues in this kind of a competition. Even those scouts who can't go camping without their iPods would probably fare better than a lot of the people in my department, and even in the entire Clinic.

It's cheating to use "Scout water", Dravin.

I'm not a scouter so the reference is lost on me in the particulars. Given the context I'm assuming it's an accelerant. I didn't use one. It doesn't surprise me that I was better at fire starting than him, I probably just had more practice. I grew up camping in Alaska.

I'm not a scouter so the reference is lost on me in the particulars. Given the context I'm assuming it's an accelerant. I didn't use one. It doesn't surprise me that I was better at fire starting than him, I probably just had more practice. I grew up camping in Alaska.

Accelerant? What's that? :D

Truthfully, our troop very rarely uses accelerants. Our scoutmaster is the chief of combustion research at NASA and knows just a little too much about accelerants to allow kids to use them. However, when we do use accelerants (or rather, when the scoutmaster demonstrates accelerants), it is usually a good show to watch.

Just another exmaple of why the Boys Scouts is a falling apart organization -- now they are trying to be modern day gladiators.

You do realize the show is not the BSAs idea right? How does National Geographic's show idea indicate that the BSA are trying to be modern day gladiators?

Edited by Dravin