First Church Assignment! What was yours?

Jezebel2011

You know, I now regret not keeping my notes for my first speaking assignment. I did it before I started writing a journal, so I don't even remember what it was about.

I remember my kid's first talking assignment in Primary. He was 3 years old and couldn't read yet, so we made it so that I would just prompt him by asking questions in his ear and he would talk about it. His topic is about knowing right from wrong. And so, a few seconds into the talk, I prompted him "how can you tell if you're choosing wrong things" and he ended up talking about Finding Nemo and how when the shark's eyes turn red you know he is about to choose wrong and it ended up as a 15 minute talk on how much he liked the movie. Eeek. I would whisper to him, no, talk about this and that, but he ignored me the whole time. But, at least, he stuck to the topic of right versus wrong where he talked about how even when Nemo has a broken fin he still saved the fish in the net because he knew it was the right thing to do even if his dad told him not to do it. They had to forgo sharing time that day because they ran out of time...

Edited by anatess

Got my first Church Assignment for this next Sunday - eek

I have done an Assignment for Stake Conference which went down well.

This Assignment is to be based on this talk -

The Love of God - general-conference

Have got most of it written already. I love this talk and it gives me a lot to work with.

What was your first Church Assignment?

grats :)

think mine was the duties of deacon, if you don't count talks XD

Sorry, should have explained, here in the UK we call doing a talk in Sacrament an Assignment. Same language, just different!

Since I am an adult convert I never got to do Primary, Young Women or Seminary, which I would have loved.

yep in that car it would've been a primary talk ^.^

hehe

just wait you'll get to help there, now that you've said something :P

yep in that car it would've been a primary talk ^.^

hehe

just wait you'll get to help there, now that you've said something :P

Aha - thank you!

The Primary Talk is now written. Am going to leave it alone until tomorrow and read it through to see if it still makes sense to me!

Have done hundreds of talks in the past, just in a different Church, so this isn't new to me, just different.

Anyway, we should be careful what we think. I had been thinking to myself that I needed a new challenge, something to get my teeth into. Was thinking more along the lines of a change in Calling. Then last week was handed the Assignment for Sacrament. So there you go. I was given it and I must do it. Thought about it for a week before I sat down to write it.

Not sure about primary.

My first Calling in young womens was Beehive President.

But my first calling after I left YW's was Temple Comittee member.

First talk was probably something from the strength of youth about prayer I think, then a talk about family history, and I gave a talk at a converts baptism.