Are more unmarried, young (19-21) yr old women getting there endowments?

lizzy16

It was my understanding that you were either going on a mission, getting married, or spiritual ready/older (25ish) before you got your endownments.

A friend of mine was telling me about a few of her friends who got theres recently here at byu-idaho. And they're all 19/20, unmarried, not seeing anyone and aren't planning on missions.

has the churches policy changed?

I thought it was happening less, but I don't have anything to back that up. I just thought they'd gotten more strict about that since I took my endowment out 15-ish years ago. I was 19 and didn't have a marriage prospect at the time.

HoI to Bishops tells you very plainly that unless a young woman (or young man, for that matter) is either going to be married or go on a mission then they should wait until their 25th Birthday to make sure that there is some spiritual maturity. And even then the Bishop may not give them a recommend if he feels they are not ready for the covenants that they will make.

Bishops have a lot of leeway, but for the most part this is pretty strict policy, because the SP then has to do the interview as well and may ixnay the whole thing.