I don't like wearing garments

pianist87

Also, am I to understand that there were 1 piece garments with no crotch for men? I have seen a woman's version in person, but did guys wear them too?

the men's one piece garments were open in the crotch too but in a different way.

:o I sort of miss one piece garments. No tucking about the waist issues.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, am I to understand that there were 1 piece garments with no crotch for men? I have seen a woman's version in person, but did guys wear them too?

Not sure what you mean. The one-piece garment was similar to a "Union suit", although later (20th-century) versions only went to the knee and the top of the shoulder.

There are a lot of fabrics. I live in Florida where it is not only hot, but we get the humidity go go with. I personally like the Carinessa II which for me the best way to sescribe is a very light weight spandex-ish stretchy fabric that is very smooth in fit and can be worn very comfortably even under spandex work out wear. (Think nike dry fit fabric only much much lighter in weight).

When I got used to wearing garments I tend to feel uncomfortable not wearing them. It's kind of like comparing a jacket that has no lining versus one that does. The lining is just a better fit and feel.

I hope you will learn to enjoy wearing them and also come to love their purpose and meaning.

Not sure what you mean. The one-piece garment was similar to a "Union suit", although later (20th-century) versions only went to the knee and the top of the shoulder.

I've seen a one piece garment with a hole in the crotch . My friend said her mother liked to use them because there was less stuff around the waist (bottoms, slip, skirt, maybe panty hose). I've seen them in person. I know what a union suit is and it wasn't like that at all.

I've seen a one piece garment with a hole in the crotch . My friend said her mother liked to use them because there was less stuff around the waist (bottoms, slip, skirt, maybe panty hose). I've seen them in person. I know what a union suit is and it wasn't like that at all.

The first several years after receiving my endowment, I wore one-piece almost exclusively. There was a slit in back that you could pull open to either side to take care of restroom business, but otherwise there was no "hole in the bottom". It was very much like a Union suit, but instead of a button flap, it had the overlapping slit. Without having actually seen what you saw, I can't really comment on that.

The first several years after receiving my endowment, I wore one-piece almost exclusively. There was a slit in back that you could pull open to either side to take care of restroom business, but otherwise there was no "hole in the bottom". It was very much like a Union suit, but instead of a button flap, it had the overlapping slit. Without having actually seen what you saw, I can't really comment on that.

If you look at the women's one piece styles at store.lds.org, the Snug Leg style advertises an "open crotch" while the Flare Leg style advertises a "closed crotch."

I've never seen them myself, so I can't comment more than that.

If you look at the women's one piece styles at store.lds.org, the Snug Leg style advertises an "open crotch" while the Flare Leg style advertises a "closed crotch."

I've never seen them myself, so I can't comment more than that.

I've seen both. I prefer the close leg. I'll have to check to see if I can get some next time I need to buy garments. Last time they said one piece were no longer available. Maybe that changed.

vort, I agree the men's one piece did look a bit like a union suit... no buttons.

• 4 weeks later...

Oy, so I had issues with garments moving to a much hotter climate last summer. I wore the new carinessa II bottoms and I kept getting raw itchy skin near my groin. I assumed it was the fabric. Changed completely to cotton and I had to special order my sizes because tall and thin lengths are only made in the carinessa fabric (esp. for the mid-calf length which are awesome in winter now that I have them in a tall length).

I thought I had jock-itch and had a really hard time getting rid of it. It turns out it's just sensitive skin or maybe eczema caused by irritation and exacerbated by sweat. I love my new cotton bottoms (that actually fit) but occasionally I still prefer carinessa fabric and, after clearing up my rash, I started wearing them on occasion. My sensitive skin gets insanely itchy. I studied the garments closer and I figured it out. The seam or juncture between the cotton gusset and the upper leg is extremely abrasive on the inside. If you have a new pair of carinessa bottoms rub your finger across it. I'd rate it between the roughness of velcro and fine grit sand paper. My husband agrees it is rough. If I wear them inside-out I have no problems (although the marking is on the wrong knee). I had no problem with the old style carinessa (although if I wore them under synthetic clothing I'd sweat too much). Now I'm considering having them make me special order garments with the seams reversed... It's such a pain. I have so many pairs of garments that I don't wear. I like the mesh garments too but they get really itchy for me on the seams too.

Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe they've changed them since the last time I purchased carinessa (that would be nice).

I haven't had any problems with the Carinessa II, both tops or bottoms, though the length seems long on the legs. The mesh fabric seems to make me itch. Cotton fabric is okay, and my bra straps actually stay up on my shoulders better with the cotton. I also like DriSilque, but my bra straps slip off my shoulders. And maybe too much information here, but my DH likes the feel of the DriSilque and Carinessa II on me better than the cotton.

I love the carinessa tops, but I can't tolerate the bottoms very well and I think you hit the nail on the head with it. I suppose I could try to buy some more to see if there's a change, but I've fallen in love with the jersey.

Well, nothing prohibits mixing and matching fabric styles, so if Caressna tops and jersey bottoms are what you find most comfortable there really isn't a need to change just so you can match top and bottom.

Edited by Dravin

Well, nothing prohibits mixing and matching fabric styles, so if Caressna tops and jersey bottoms are what you find most comfortable there really isn't a need to change just so you can match top and bottom.

I always figured there was no need to have a matching set. So far the Carinessa top is the only top I like (and in the vein of classylady, my husband thinks it's really cute) and the jersey bottms are just so darn comfy. Though my little brother did try to convine me that the priesthood session spoke out against this... He was joking, right?

Jezebel2011 and classylady do your carinessa II bottoms have a rough area (like from a serger) where the cotton gusset joins the leg? I think we're traveling to UT in May, maybe I might buy some if they've changed. Otherwise I should get one pair ordered through the special ordering because it takes 8wk or so.

I just looked at mine to see if there's a rough edge, and I don't see one. In fact the seam seems to be the same on the front side and inside out.

Hello all!

What a lovely forum I've stumbled upon :)

My issue lies with garments and the fact that I strongly dislike wearing them. This isn't because of my choices in clothing or anything, they are just ridiculously uncomfortable. I've tried different sizes, fabrics, cuts but I can't find anything that feels good. I also live in Phoenix where the summers here last for about 6 months and the temperature is frequently in the 110 range. What makes it worse is that I spend the majority of time at ASU and walking around that enormous campus during the summer while wearing garments is just torture.

Any thoughts or advice?

Sorry for the late entry, everyone; but, I've noticed pianist 87 hasn't responded since her first post......Wondering where you are at and if this has been helpful?

Now, back to the discussion....

I would say wearing a garment is something that you gotta really want to and love it.

Its not that easy at first but it will come in time and about its not fitting your type of clothing....

I guess you gotta change your clothing. Garment is for all of us... for our own special protection.

When you try to understand yourself the real reason you are wearing it. You will come to love it.

Hope it helps!

I would say wearing a garment is something that you gotta really want to and love it.

Its not that easy at first but it will come in time and about its not fitting your type of clothing....

I guess you gotta change your clothing. Garment is for all of us... for our own special protection.

When you try to understand yourself the real reason you are wearing it. You will come to love it.

Hope it helps!

I was kind of surprised (and proud) of the low amount of clothing I had to get rid of when I received my endowment. Frankly, with all the layering tees and other clothes out there, there isn't a reason for this to be a big deal.

As far as garments go, I'm pretty neutral on them. While the "natural woman" in me would prefer to wear cute undies, to me it's just not a big deal and I understand my covenants.

I was getting ready to go out last night and realized how I've come to love wearing them. Not just that I've accepted it, but I feel blessed to be able to. It's a reminder to me of who I am and the covenants I've made. I love carrying that bit of holiness with me.

I also love that the Carinessa bottoms hold things in a little. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I also live in Phoenix where the summers here last for about 6 months and the temperature is frequently in the 110 range. What makes it worse is that I spend the majority of time at ASU and walking around that enormous campus during the summer while wearing garments is just torture.

I can sympathize. I spent two years riding a bicycle around central, hot Mexico (most often 300+ miles per week) in not just garments, but slacks, a shirt, and tie, with a backpack full of stuff on my back. I'm not exaggerating when I say that a 105F day was actually a relief from the normal summer days. :eek:

While having your garments fitting, or of the right material may lessen the impact, there's no way to completely alleviate the heating effects of having a second layer. But, remember, "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven".

Aside from clothing, the two best things you can do to stay cool are to lose weight and cut your hair shorter. If either of those are possible, give them a try.

I am not endowed yet, but I am terrified of how I will feel about them. All my friends feel fat, uncomfortable and ugly. So you are not alone.

I can understand the uncomfortable, but ugly or fat? If your friends are relying on their clothing (especially if it's the revealing nature of their clothing) to keep them from feeling ugly and/or fat... then they probably need to sit down and think about where true self-worth comes from, and just what makes a person beautiful.

I've seen women in garment-appropriate attire which are, to reveal my inner thoughts.... insanely beautiful. Indeed, just the fact that they wear garment-appropriate attire makes them more beautiful to me.

Guest HSAB

Women, and men for that matter feel good about the way they look in some clothes and not in others. Just like you were talking about modestly dressed women looking beautiful, all women want to FEEL beautiful. The womens garment bottoms have elastics which cause fat rolls, then the bottoms of some of the shorts also have elastic which can cause another fat roll. The tops don't fit most women right and so they are either too bunchy around the bra area or too small. The reason you probably have not heard many women talk about it is because they are scared of the judgement they will receive for how they feel. I've spent the past three months talking to all the women I know who are endowed and only one out of about fifty said she felt comfortable and attractive in them. It's honestly pretty sad.