I don't like wearing garments

pianist87

Hidden

that's odd. My post was taken down. I didn't realize what a close minded thread this was

Stupid thread, all close-minded. If I were you, I'd leave it and never come back. That would show it.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love, love, love my garments. I love the reminder of my covenants. And I think they are beautiful and comfortable. I’ve never felt ugly in them. I do strive to reject what the world tells me is attractive. It’s not always easy, but my advice would be to reject the worldly notions of what is “attractive.” I believe that those who strive for Christ’s image in their countenance are the ones who are truly attractive.

I am so loving these new Carinessa II garments. They hold things in a bit and my clothes look better on me. If I wasn't so well-endowed (pardon the pun), I might even be able to go braless with them. I haven't felt good (body image wise) in most garments, but these ones are awesome.

I am so loving these new Carinessa II garments. They hold things in a bit and my clothes look better on me. If I wasn't so well-endowed (pardon the pun), I might even be able to go braless with them. I haven't felt good (body image wise) in most garments, but these ones are awesome.

Oh now you've gone and done it. Dash77 will be all over this one.

I'm not crazy about the Carinessa II bottoms, but I LOVE the tops. Very supportive and they really do hold things in.

Is Carinessa the spandexy kind? I tried one pair of bottoms and I found them super comfy until they wouldn't stay up.

How long since you tried them? The first go-around was way different and had a thin waistband. These new ones have a thicker band more like men's. I haven't had any problem with them, but we could have totally different body types.

I actually love the number of panty line problems garments solve.

But wouldn't that mean that whatever clothing you're wearing is fitted enough to show pantylines? If that is what you were referring to.. Not meaning to nitpick but I recall numerous posts ranting and raving about the "tightness" of clothing being too revealing. This said, depending on the brand of underwear, there are panties and bras that don't have that "line" problem.

But wouldn't that mean that whatever clothing you're wearing is fitted enough to show pantylines? If that is what you were referring to.. Not meaning to nitpick but I recall numerous posts ranting and raving about the "tightness" of clothing being too revealing. This said, depending on the brand of underwear, there are panties and bras that don't have that "line" problem.

I don't think it ncessarily means it's too fitted. I see poofy skirts that still manage to show pantylines. My biggest pantyline problem was actually with loose-fitting pants.

As for the other underwear, you are right. At the risk of shocking the board, before I wore garments I was a thong kinda gal. Solved ALL problems.

I've seen panty lines in jeans, on me and on others.

Garments solve panty lines regardless of now tight or loose the clothing might be.

I do have a garment line just above my knee. :eek::D

I don't think it ncessarily means it's too fitted. I see poofy skirts that still manage to show pantylines. My biggest pantyline problem was actually with loose-fitting pants.

As for the other underwear, you are right. At the risk of shocking the board, before I wore garments I was a thong kinda gal. Solved ALL problems.

GASP. Backgrounds, nooo! I like the seamless low-rise boyshort panties by CK. They feel like you're not wearing anything.

But back on topic, I won't argue that garments are uncomfortable because I'm sure they aren't but they're certainly not the most flattering piece of clothing for a woman's body. For me, garment wearing will be a major adjustment when the day comes but I realise it'll be a bullet I'll just have to bite.

Edited by Bini
Typo

GASP. Backgrounds, nooo! I like the seamless low-rise boyshort panties by CK. They feel like you're not wearing anything.

But back on topic, I won't argue that garments are uncomfortable because I'm sure they aren't but they're certainly not the most flattering piece of clothing for a woman's body. For me, garment wearing will be a major adjustment when the day comes but I realise it'll be a bullet I'll just have to bite.

It can be tricky to overcome, but think of it this way: no one is seeing them, and if you want your husband to see something different, well, that's entirely up to you. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest sansalazar

I live in Ca. it gets hot and sweaty I like the cotton blend, get pateat, (less material) and dont wear your outer clothing tight, cotton only, take ice water with you.

I cannot stand anything that constricts in any way or has a rough texture or rough seams. Recently I found out there is a condition some have that makes the body very sensitive to touch to the point of painful.

I never buy any clothing or material without touching it and checking waistbands etc.

I do have fibromyalgia and have wondered if it is related since that is, apparently, a form of hypersensitivity.

If it werent for modesty I can totally understand shedding all clothing.

I understand how you suffer with Fibromyalgia. My Niece has it, and I can see how she suffers. With all the people out there that suffer with some kind of skin ailment,that makes close fitting clothes uncomfortable, even painful to wear. I wonder if the Church might allow these people to take some of their clothing that they are most comfortable in, or causes the lest pain, and have the sacred Symbols sewn into them?

Oops almost forgot. They would have to be pure white. Brother Ray.

Edited by circusboy01

All of you who suffer in one way or the other, from wearing your Garments. Have you ever thought about asking for a blessing. That you might better tolerate your Garments?

Also you might ask Heavenly Father to guide you to a material that would be best for you. Better yet. Ask him to help you gain a stronger Testimony of the wearing of the Garments. A strong Testimony of the Temple, and the wearing of Garments. will make them more. tolerable. Try it and see if it doesn't.

Brother Ray

I cannot stand anything that constricts in any way or has a rough texture or rough seams. Recently I found out there is a condition some have that makes the body very sensitive to touch to the point of painful.

I never buy any clothing or material without touching it and checking waistbands etc.

I do have fibromyalgia and have wondered if it is related since that is, apparently, a form of hypersensitivity.

If it werent for modesty I can totally understand shedding all clothing.

Anne, I have FMS too. For almost 24 years now. I hope you have a good doctor who understands and believes FMS is real.

I've never found garments to be an issue for me. Its other clothing, bras, fabrics that don't give, rough texture, tight (Bras!), some shoes, and bras. Did a mention bras? ;)

If I could run around in my garments all day I would! :eek:

Bini, there are special markings in the garment that are symbols. Thus, regular undies that are similar in design to garments wouldn't work since they wouldn't have the symbols.

Ahhhh! Okay, had no idea. Very interesting!

Very interesting thread! When I first began to wear garments, I lived in Atlanta where it is very hot and humid in the summer. I tried a number of fabric types and styles. I wear scrubs to work, so they have an elastic waist band as did the garment bottoms, and then the top overlapped, so my midsection was very hot!

Someone mentioned the one piece garments, and I have been a one piece girl ever since! They have a slit in the bottom so you don't have to pull the top down to take care of necessary business throughout the day. They also make the flare leg one piece that I think is very "cute" and flattering. The only problem with them is they do not have the slit in the bottom, and you have to work around the flare leg to take care of business, and it is awkward, so I don't use them for that reason.

I do wear cotton underwear over my garments for some of those "other feminine reasons".

I never thought about the garments being attractive or unattractive, as the reasons I wear them are so important, every other consideration pales in comparison. I think they are very comfortable and on the rare occasions when I don't have them on (going to the beach, etc), I feel naked.

I will never forget a story a friend told me many years ago. Her brother, who had been a lifelong member did something stupid and ended up spending some time in jail. He said the worst part about the entire matter was that he could no longer wear his garments. He said it added to his shame and guilt over what he had done and immediately after leaving jail, he began the road to repentance. Ever since I heard that story, if I think I may have an activity where I don't wear my garments, I think about how bad I would feel if I could no longer wear them.

My garments are special to me. As far as the world seeing that you are wearing garments....who is seeing them? Many women wear camisoles under their lighter weight shirts, so if my clothing is such that someone could see the outline of my garments, what would make them think twice about it? I have never in my life been concerned about what someone was wearing under their clothing.

I also lived in Arizona for a while, and while it was hot, it was so much more comfortable than Atlanta with it's high humidity! My garments were not an issue.