Redefining MPH

pam

I think I don't believe that vid is on the level. If it is, the guy is a total tool for exposing his wife to ridicule. Math and physics concepts are not everyone's forte. That doesn't make them stupid.

Who would I rather be in a car with? A passenger who may be having difficulty with some math or someone filming a video while driving? At least his wife's math doesn't bring with it the chance of horrific death.

If it is, the guy is a total tool for exposing his wife to ridicule.

I concur, if this isn't staged, the guy is a gigantic jerk. The thought of doing such a thing to my beloved wife makes me want to punch my hypothetical self.

Edited by Dravin

My kids answered right in less than 2 seconds! Geez!!

Its so sad that a guy would marry someone that dumb. She is going to raise children!! All these smart and pretty women, and a man chooses one like this, sad!! Shows to me that SOME men only care about one thing.

Or maybe , assuming this is true, he married her for other qualities such as a generous nature, compassion, and patience, or her intense faith in and love of Jesus Christ. There are more personal qualities out there besides, "understands math well" and "pretty".

Or maybe , assuming this is true, he married her for other qualities such as a generous nature, compassion, and patience, or her intense faith in and love of Jesus Christ. There are more personal qualities out there besides, "understands math well" and "pretty".

Seems more a logic question, not just math. but I have met many this stupid and the boys seem to like them. I have een been told by one that he wants a stupid girl so he can be in control. Maybe this guy doesn't feel the same, but i have heard it a lot.

Seems more a logic question, not just math. but I have met many this stupid and the boys seem to like them. I have een been told by one that he wants a stupid girl so he can be in control. Maybe this guy doesn't feel the same, but i have heard it a lot.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there only interested in one particular quality, some for the control it gives or reasons we might consider shallow but that's a far cry from, "Married to someone who made an appearance in a YouTube video being made fun? Must be because he only cares about looks."

• 9 months later...

So, there's this youtube video going around Facebook about a guy asking his wife how long it will take them to drive 80 miles if they're driving at 80mph... Okay, here's the video:

80 MPH Question Stumps Wife [CC] Closed Captioning - YouTube

Anyway, I know it was posted to be funny and all... and I can see the husband loves his wife (just from the patient way he was talking to her)... but, I can't shake the feeling that these type of things could really be hurtful to a marriage.

What do y'all think?

He is young and naive to have thought this through. I only hope that their marriage survives their learning curve. My wife is a very cerebral person and would know the answer in half a second, but she's also very sensitive. I would never put her on public display like that. We are enjoying 21 years of marriage and going stronger than ever.

They were also interviewed and he and she stated that she was very sleep deprived. She had just come off finals and they were driving home for the break. They both thought it was funny and never realized that it would get viral and draw so much criticism and hatred. If she can laugh and not get her panties in a twist over it, then I don't care. She has to live with him, not me.

Giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, we may assume he never thought about the video going viral and didn't mean to offend. Still, I stand by my original assessment: The guy is a tool for exposing his wife to ridicule. You just don't do that.