I'm a marriage counselor in Southern California

SoCal_Counselor

Hello,

My name is Brian and I am a marriage counselor. I love helping couples heal from problems they may be currently experiencing in their marriage. I also do individual counseling for those who struggle with depression, anxiety, grief related issues and ADHD.

I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints my entire life.

In coming to LDS.net, I hope that I will be able to use my experiences as a counselor to help others grow and heal in their own lives.

Edited by SoCal_Counselor

OOOHHH... WELCOME!

We need you here. You're going to see all these threads with marriage problems galore. We're armchair counsellors so we do our best to help. Hah hah.

Hope you don't charge for internet forum counselling. :D

:)

Hello,

My name is Brian and I am a marriage counselor. I love helping couples heal from problems they may be currently experiencing in their marriage. I also do individual counseling for those who struggle with depression, anxiety, grief related issues and ADHD.

I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints my entire life.

You can learn more about me at my [moderator removed]

I also have a marriage blog: [moderator removed]

In coming to LDS.net, I hope that I will be able to use my experiences as a counselor to help others grow and heal in their own lives.

Good to have you around. I personally seldom give advice - it seems to me that "useful and productive" advice seems to tick people off.

The Traveler

Hi I'm Missy. I am new too but can't figure out how to post it like you did. Oh I guess I will figure it out sooner or later. I think what you are doing is good. There is so much opposition that it's good to have a safe place to talk. Good luck

As a new member, you just need to make 5 posts on already existing threads and then you can start a thread of your own.

"I've seen that smile... somewhere before..."

"I've heard your voice before..."

(sorry, had to do it!)

It seems someone has watched Saturday's Warrior a few too many times. :lol:

*it seems we talked like this before." There.

Guest Mom04

Hi I'm Missy. I am new too but can't figure out how to post it like you did. Oh I guess I will figure it out sooner or later. I think what you are doing is good. There is so much opposition that it's good to have a safe place to talk. Good luck

Seems odd to me that I have to start responding to others posts before I introduce myself.

Welcome Brian... Do you deal much with mixed faith marriage issue?

Yes. When working with couples with these issues, I work with them to identify common goals. If they cannot think of common goals, we all work together to create some appropriate goals for the marriage/family.

Thank you Brian for your post. I feel so comfortable talking with you. Your help is so greatly appreciated. Your service is a resting spot for my weary soul. I don't know how to proceed from here, but will learn over time.

I am very alone. I am late 50's. Me and the dog. Kids all over the US. 5. Mostly estranged from me by x-husband, from first marriage, except 1 out of state at present. The one living close, by is reticent to help but has agreed to accept sensitive mail from the court system for me temporarily, as of yesterday.