Argh.

JudoMinja

I think I've fried my brain! :annoyed:

Or at least the "deep-thinking" part. I keep trying to get myself engaged in writing answers to questions about our faith that would require me to do more digging and thinking than just spouting whatever's at the top of my thoughts, and I keep fizzling out and getting unfocused. It's not like I've been thinking/writing too much- at least I haven't been doing as much as I have in the past. Maybe I've just reached a momentary hump in my research capacity and ability for my brain to retain more higher-level information... Or maybe I'm just worn out from everything else going on in my life right now. I don't know.

I just needed a moment to blurt out my frustration. To keep the tone of this thread light and upbeat, for anyone leaving comments- I'm not really looking for advice. :) That's why I posted in general discussion. I'm sure I just need a bit of a break and my ability to focus on the harder stuff will return soon. If you wish to respond, how about sharing a bit of your own frustration- if you've been through similar blocks- or sharing some anecdotal funny stuff that won't require any deep thinking? ;)

I think I've fried my brain! :annoyed:

Or at least the "deep-thinking" part. I keep trying to get myself engaged in writing answers to questions about our faith that would require me to do more digging and thinking than just spouting whatever's at the top of my thoughts, and I keep fizzling out and getting unfocused. It's not like I've been thinking/writing too much- at least I haven't been doing as much as I have in the past. Maybe I've just reached a momentary hump in my research capacity and ability for my brain to retain more higher-level information... Or maybe I'm just worn out from everything else going on in my life right now. I don't know.

I just needed a moment to blurt out my frustration. To keep the tone of this thread light and upbeat, for anyone leaving comments- I'm not really looking for advice. :) That's why I posted in general discussion. I'm sure I just need a bit of a break and my ability to focus on the harder stuff will return soon. If you wish to respond, how about sharing a bit of your own frustration- if you've been through similar blocks- or sharing some anecdotal funny stuff that won't require any deep thinking? ;)

Are you trying to create a profile on mormon.org?

No, but I am guessing that is a difficult process. :P

Maybe for some people...like me. When I've tried to answer question, I've done so in a exactly the way I would answer a question if an acquaintance asked me. I always get a response that my answer isn't appropriate for mormon.org.

I guess I'm just not mormon enough.

No, but I am guessing that is a difficult process. :P

I'm always too terse for questions when someone is expecting a write-up. For instance someone may pose the questions "Do LDS worship Joseph Smith?" or "Are Mormons a cult?" Now they expect a long write up. Perhaps a treatise on how we worship God and that while we respect Joseph Smith, we don't worship him. Or in the case of the second question several paragraphs breaking down what a cult is and how it applies to religion in general and how if one wants to say Mormons are a cult than so is X, Y, and Z.

I just want to answer, "No." and walk away. :) I suspect I'd have the same urge towards brevity if I created a Mormon.org profile. Some people obviously put a lot of effort into them. I would just be:

Hey, I'm LDS. I live in Indiana. I go to school. I'm married to a wonderful woman. I believe in Jesus Christ and that his Gospel was restored to the Earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Have fun, bye now.

Edited by Dravin

I'm always too terse for questions when someone is expecting a write-up. For instance someone may pose the questions "Do LDS worship Joseph Smith?" or "Are Mormons a cult?" Now they expect a long write up. Perhaps a treatise on how how with we worship God and that while we respect Joseph Smith (speaking collectively) we don't worship him. Or in the case of the second question several paragraphs breaking down what a cult is and how it applies to religion in general and how if one wants to say Mormons are a cult than so is X, Y, and Z.

I just want to answer, "No." and walk away. :) I suspect I'd have the same urge towards brevity if I created a Mormon.org profile. Some people obviously put a lot of effort into them. I would just be:

Hey, I'm LDS. I live in Indiana. I go to school. I'm married to a wonderful woman. I believe in Jesus Christ and that his Gospel was restored to the Earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Have fun, bye now.

This is basically exactly why I'm feeling fried, lol. I'm spending a lot of time thinking about nice extensive answers to questions like this and getting really involved in researching topics I haven't known much about before. I've been paying more attention to what the "public" has been saying about us now that we are going through a time where people are becoming more aware of us, and I've been digging into the answers to many questions posed by "anti's". It's been very exciting and exhilarating for me. I've just been struck by this drive to gobble up as much as I can and write as much as I can in response.

I keep having aha-moments, where I feel like my mind has been opened to new insights I've gained from scriptures and talks. Really "feasting" on the words of Christ. ;) The writing I've been doing hasn't really been taking up any more time than what I do regularly or when I've come across really engaging discussions on here with others trying to learn more about us or delve into deep topics. So I know the amount of writing isn't what burned me out. I think I just tried to "stuff" myself too quickly, like eating a great Thanksgiving dinner and now I need to sit back and let it all digest before enjoying the pie. :)

Hmm... so that's why you've been staying under 2 paragraphs... I've been wondering if you're okay. :D

Welll... I did post a rather lengthy response on one of the threads here today. I still feel a need to write and write and write, just can't seem to get myself to focus too deeply on anything that doesn't flow easily through my brain and to my fingers. ;)

So, good ole long-winded Judo is still here- as long as the topic doesn't require me to think too hard. :D

I thought this was talk like a pirate thread. I wondered why this wasn't started on September 19, the actual Talk Like A Pirate Day.

I think we're all too scared to call Pam "Wench". Could be fun though:

Wench, we be needin' some more bannin' 'round these waters. That thar troll needs run clean through, show no mercy.

Edited by Dravin