Final Judgement Assistance

acostaroad

Greetings,

Do the scriptures or writings of the prophets address whether a family member that is separated after judgement to a lesser kingdom, can be assisted by those from a higher kingdom? Such as forfieting blessings to that person, etc.? Thanks.

No. The question presupposes vast knowledge about the mechanics of postmortal and eternal life. The question itself may not even make sense, depending on the actual (unrevealed) nature of the kingdoms of glory.

Brigham Young said something similar, but not quite. He said that we could call on our loved ones in lower kingdoms to be helpers, but they would remain in a Terrestial glory.

I know that there is no man on this earth who can call around him property, be he a merchant, tradesman, or farmer, with his mind continually occupied with: "How shall I get this or that; how rich can I get; or, how much can I get out of this brother or from that brother?" and dicker and work, and take advantage here and there-no such man ever can magnify the priesthood nor enter the celestial kingdom. Now, remember, they will not enter that kingdom; and if they happen to go there, it will be because somebody takes them by the hand, saying, "I want you for a servant;" or, "Master, will you let this man pass in my service? "Yes, he may go into your service; but he is not fit for a lord, nor a master, nor fit to be crowned;" and if such men get there, it will be because somebody takes them in as servants. -Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 11:297, February 3, 1867

In obedience to this work, in the gospel of Jesus Christ, I shall gather around me my family, my children, my children's children, until they become as numerous as the seed of Abraham, or as countless as the sands upon the seashore. For this is my right and privilege and the right and privilege of every member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who holds the priesthood and will magnify it in the sight of God. Joseph F. Smith, Conference Reports, p. 137, April, 1912

It is not doctrine by any means, but is interesting speculation that I hope is true.

Greetings,

Do the scriptures or writings of the prophets address whether a family member that is separated after judgement to a lesser kingdom, can be assisted by those from a higher kingdom? Such as forfieting blessings to that person, etc.? Thanks.

I believe that everyone that wants a blessing will receive it. Only those that do not want a particular blessing will forfeit it. Therefore I see no reason, at all to forfeit a blessing for someone that despises it - which is why I do not think G-d would extend the blessing. Again why would anyone - especially in the Celestial kingdom not want to follow G-d example???

The Traveler