Right time, Right place, Right person? Or is there such a thing as soul mates?

Do you believe in Soul mates?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Soul mates?

• Yes, and I'm a male
    • Yes, and I'm a female
    • No (it's a right time right place thing) and I'm a male.
    • No (it's a right time right place thing) and I'm a female.

I dont doubt that there are several men/women that the lord feels we would be great or even perfect match with in the world. I dont believe we would only have the one how tragic would it be if billions of us are seperated forever from our soul mates because we never got the to meet them?

Or maybe we all do have soulmates and maybe even almost all of us meet them and marry them but because of our agency we screw things up and our soulmates dont seem like soulmates and something that should be so beautiful and perfect turns ugly and riddled with problems... now thats food for thought.

Soul mates are made, not born.

I think one of the best things a single person can do is pray to find a person that they'd have the best chance of happiness with, and pray that they'll recognize such a person when they come along.

Like Eowyn, I believe that soulmates are only a Saturday Warrior's thing. I believe that soulmales are formed, not found.

• 7 months later...

I don't think there are soul mates, but there is a person "more right" than others, because God has purposes and plans for each one of us and we would fulfill them better if we marry a certain person, I guess.

For example, my mom was engaged to two people (or more) before marrying my dad.

She loved them and everything but for some reason she didn't feel 100% sure. My mom is such a talented woman.

When she met my dad she felt sooooo right. Like Heavenly Father prepared him for her. So far, they have alwaysbeen called to many important callings and assignments in the Church. Right now she's doing a great great great job as the wife of a mission president. I know God needed her talents and her spirit to help my dad in such callings.

And personally, I feel like there's more in store for them.

If she had married the other two, she might have been happy and everything, but she wouldn't have done much for the work of the Lord and the kingdom of God as she's doing now.

She would have been happy with the other guys, I'm sure. But Heavenly Father needed her in other greater missions. Se didn't know it at the time she got married, she just felt he was the one. (The other guys are amazing people but are not that strong in the Church, she wouldn't have developed all her potential with them as she's doing now with my dad)

Edited by nellyleyva92

Hidden

I do, I feel like I am suppose to marry this guy I barely even know, I am just not suppose to meet or interact with him yet. Believe me I am so confused and I am not sure if it's just me or God telling me he's found me a great guy, but I need to date a lot more before we can be together. Yeah, I feel like I am crazy! But I can't explain it. I feel connected to him and I when I first saw him I felt like my heart would rip out of my chest and attach to him. I have never felt that way about a guy before (I think it may just be me), but I don't know! I guess the future will tell all. All I know is I am going to continue living my life and dating guys, until the guy I do marry sweeps me off my feet. Whether it be him or someone else, I know my guys will be prince charming. :D <3

I believe there are a little bit of both. I believe that if we did develop relationships before this premortal existance, because we were intelligences and did have our personalities and the ability to choose before we came, and it was a relationship worthy of eternal love why wouldn't our father want us to meet up with that individual down here below? We had lives before this earth and I'm certain that Heavenly Father would want us to continue us to develop those relationships. I truely do believe in soul mates mostly because my wife's patriarchal blessing talks about how we were in love before we came to this earth and we had commited to each other there and that relationship should continue here below.