I'm older than dirt.... I took the quiz and proved it.

applepansy

Older Than Dirt Quiz :

Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about. Ratings at the bottom.

1. Blackjack chewing gum

2.Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water

3. Candy cigarettes

4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles

5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes

6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers

7. Party lines on the telephone

8 Newsreels before the movie

9. P.F. Flyers

10. Butch wax

11.. TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3 channels... [if you were fortunate])

12. Peashooters

13. Howdy Doody

14. 45 RPM records

15. S& H greenstamps

16. Hi-fi's

17. Metal ice trays with lever

18. Mimeograph paper

19. Blue flashbulb

20. Packards

21. Roller skate keys

22. Cork popguns

23. Drive-ins

24. Studebakers

25. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young

If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older

If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age,

If you remembered 16-25 = You' re older than dirt!

I took the quiz and I'm "older than dirt!". I'm in my fifties, and I was just talking to my oldest sister last week about it. I used to think, "Wow, my mother has really seen a lot of change in her life!" Now, that I think about it a bit more, I realize I've seen a lot of change in my life too. I remember seeing a clothes dryer for the first time--what an amazing machine--we could just throw wet clothes in the dryer, and they'd be dry in about an hour--no hanging out clothes to dry on the line and wait for what seemed forever before we could take them down, and then hang a new batch out to dry.

Older Than Dirt Quiz :

Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about. Ratings at the bottom.

1. Blackjack chewing gum

2.Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water

3. Candy cigarettes

4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles

5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes

6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers

7. Party lines on the telephone

8 Newsreels before the movie

9. P.F. Flyers

10. Butch wax

11.. TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3 channels... [if you were fortunate])

12. Peashooters

13. Howdy Doody

14. 45 RPM records

15. S& H greenstamps

16. Hi-fi's

17. Metal ice trays with lever

18. Mimeograph paper

19. Blue flashbulb

20. Packards

21. Roller skate keys

22. Cork popguns

23. Drive-ins

24. Studebakers

25. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young

If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older

If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your age,

If you remembered 16-25 = You' re older than dirt!

well from this quiz i'm older than dirt (barely lol)... however I'd have to admit my age has been helped along by having grandparents who had a lot of older stuff that i'd play around with. and growing up right when a lot of this stuff gone except for out in middle of nowhere western US type areas.

yeast root beer tastes quite a bit different too.

Yep, I'm older than dirt too. One thing I don't miss is the wax bottle with the sweet liquid in it. There were also the wax lips, fangs, etc. Those were nasty tasting too.

Mimeograph paper- helped the teacher print out tests when I was in the 5th grade. Love the smell of it! Cut myself on the metal ice cube tray- had to have stitches for that one.

My brother put my hand through the wringer- he got one severe spanking and I avoided the washer for nearly a year.

I loved to listen in on the party line- best eavesdropping tool ever invented.

Would anyone believe that I didn't get them all? 25 / 25.

PS. Root beer made with yeast contains alcohol. C6H12O -> 2 C2H5OH + 2 CO2. In other words, for every molecule of carbon dioxide you get to carbonate the root beer, you also get one molecule of alcohol. Science.

Alcohol of such low concentration is simply processed as another foodstuff. Yeast-fermented root beer has only sufficient fermentation to carbonate the beverage. The majority of the sugar is present as a sweetener.

What, no Betamax?

And 45's are not old enough... 33.5 LPs were the old ones.

And yes, I still have a tape player in my car...

But no, I'm not old enough. I barely made 2 on the list.

What, no Betamax?

And 45's are not old enough... 33.5 LPs were the old ones.

And yes, I still have a tape player in my car...

But no, I'm not old enough. I barely made 2 on the list.

I'm thinking 78's were the old ones.

Actually, wax cylinders typically turned at between 90 and 160 RPM.

Must be before my time. I do remember the 78's. Still have quite a few of my family's old 78's.

We had an old, I don't even know what you would call it, thingamajig, that would make records. I have an old record of me as a toddler, with my dad talking to me, and getting me to say the alphabet. Now, to me, that is priceless, since my father died when I was six years old.

Must be before my time. I do remember the 78's. Still have quite a few of my family's old 78's.

We had an old, I don't even know what you would call it, thingamajig, that would make records. I have an old record of me as a toddler, with my dad talking to me, and getting me to say the alphabet. Now, to me, that is priceless, since my father died when I was six years old.

My grandfather had a working something-or-other that you can put any record in and you manually turn the crank to play it and the sound comes out of this big flute-like thingee. We used to use the sounds coming out of that thing to make horror blanket shows - you know, when you stretch a white sheet up, put a flashlight behind it and make a "movie" out of shadows you create on the sheet...

Classylady: it's called a turntable.

It did have a turntable, and was able to play records, (78, 45, and maybe 33 1/3) but it was also able to "cut" a record. It also had a radio. So, it had speakers, and I can't remember for sure, but it seems like we had a microphone whenever we "cut" a record. I'm pretty sure this was before Hifis because this would have been in the 1950s. And if I remember correctly RCA was the maker of the contraption.