Trayvon Martin

Tyler90AZ

Discussing this with you has been an exercise in futility. Somewhere during this conversation we have started misunderstanding each other. See you in another thread, adieu

Oh, you don't have to leave the discussion. I just want you to try to see both sides of the story and get the facts straight before rushing to judgment and being influenced by propaganda churned out by news organizations with an agenda.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Zimmerman's Black roots had come out at the beginning, instead of him being labeled "WHITE," then this story would have gone nowhere. It is very likely he either never would have been charged, or that he might have faced manslaughter, at the worst. Ironically, he will be prosecuted in large part for his perceived racial makeup.

George Zimmerman Has Black Roots - BCNN1

Ironically, he will be prosecuted in large part for his perceived racial makeup.

Why does is have to be mostly because of race? Sure, race was made a big part of it by a whole bunch of people, but let's not forgot there was that part where Zimmerman killed someone. It's been a while in this thread since that was mentioned. ;)

EDIT: Now there's another angle to it: Zimmerman has made $200,000 from his website.

Edited by LittleWyvern

Why does is have to be mostly because of race? Sure, race was made a big part of it by a whole bunch of people, but let's not forgot there was that part where Zimmerman killed someone. It's been a while in this thread since that was mentioned. ;)

What are you talking about? Beefche just said it in the page prior... and she just got quoted by Tyler on the top post of this page.

I don't think anybody can forget that Zimmerman killed Martin. That's the whole point of this, isn't it?

But, in my town alone, 245 people got killed just last year. You don't see 245 lds.net threads on it. Why do you think that is?

Discussing this with you has been an exercise in futility. Somewhere during this conversation we have started misunderstanding each other. See you in another thread, adieu

This is false, Tyler. We have understood you perfectly. You have utterly refused to understand us, to open your eyes or your mind to possibilities outside what the MSNBCs of the world proclaim. You are so deeply wrapped up in your politically correct view of things that you deny any other viewpoint and then disparage those who put them forth.

Please don't think that "we...started misunderstanding each other." The misunderstanding is almost purely unidirectional.

This is false, Tyler. We have understood you perfectly. You have utterly refused to understand us, to open your eyes or your mind to possibilities outside what the MSNBCs of the world proclaim. You are so deeply wrapped up in your politically correct view of things that you deny any other viewpoint and then disparage those who put them forth.

Please don't think that "we...started misunderstanding each other." Th:cool:e misunderstanding is almost purely unidirectional.

Coming from the person who has the most misunderstandings on the board. It really show our character when we can't admit mistakes.

I don't have cable or satellite TV, but I noticed the internet news sources have scaled back their coverage of this case. I think once the truth came out about the events of that night the media can no longer claim racism, so it's not interesting to them anymore.

I can't believe they are charging Zimmerman with Second Degree Murder. I looked up the requirements to convict someone on second degree murder, and there's only one requirement that this case fulfills and that is that the victim is dead.

The second requirment says that the death was caused by the criminal act of the defendant. Zimmerman wasn't doing anything criminal that I'm aware of. He had a license for to carry his gun. He was just driving down the street. I don't think following someone is a criminal act. In fact Zimmerman was getting his head beat in when he shot Martin, so it's Martin who was committing a criminal act at the time of the shooting.

The third requirement says There was an unlawful killing of the victim by an act imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life. I'm not sure how the Prosecution is going to prove this one either. Zimmerman shot once, it wasn't like he was shooting at anyone who came near him or shooting at people in the neighborhood.

The website below is where I got the Second Degree Murder requirments from.

Second Degree Murder - Law Firm Arnold Law Firm, LLC Attorneys Jacksonville, Florida

• 2 weeks later...

George Zimmerman had a broken nose, two black eyes and cuts on the back of his head the day after he killed Trayvon Martin, according to a medical report taken by his doctor.

It also emerged on Tuesday that an autopsy showed skin on Trayvon's knuckles was broken.

The new revelations bolster Zimmerman's claims that he was being punched and pummeled by the unarmed teen when he opened fire on February 22 in a gated community in Sanford, Florida.

Read more: George Zimmerman had a broken nose, two cuts and two black eyes: ABC News report - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Edited by mirkwood

George Zimmerman had a broken nose, two black eyes and cuts on the back of his head the day after he killed Trayvon Martin, according to a medical report taken by his doctor.

It also emerged on Tuesday that an autopsy showed skin on Trayvon's knuckles was broken.

The new revelations bolster Zimmerman's claims that he was being punched and pummeled by the unarmed teen when he opened fire on February 22 in a gated community in Sanford, Florida.

Read more: George Zimmerman had a broken nose, two cuts and two black eyes: ABC News report - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

The weird thing is that the undertaker who prepared Martin's body for funeral swore up and down that there were no such marks on Martin's body, and he specifically mentioned Martin's hands and knuckles.

Somebody's lying.

I saw the report about Zimmerman's added evidence, along with the news that the Feds "may" pursue charges that this was a hate crime involving racial profiling. If so, the maximum penalty ups from life in prison to the death penalty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/15/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman_n_1518562.html?ref=mostpopular

Reading some of the comments about Zimmerman being racist makes me think he was really struggling to fit it. Looking at those pictures I bet Zimmerman got the worst from all sides. So in his struggle to fit in he felt the need to make racist remarks. I don't think it excuses anything but I do feel for him in a way.

The racial divide and those her perpetrate it are just evil. The American public was certainly sold a bill of good by this administration. It's in their interest to maintain the divide. Things only seem to be getting worse.

Evidence mixed for Zimmerman's self-defense claim

More than 200 pages of photos and eyewitness accounts released by prosecutors Thursday show a loud and bloody fight ensued

Evidence mixed for Zimmerman's self-defense claim

Did anyone else notice that tidbit about Trayvon's dad denying that the screaming voice was Trayvon's the first time he heard the tape?

Here is the quote:

Since first hearing the calls in early March, Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, has been unequivocal in saying it was her son's voice on the tapes.

But Serino wrote in a report that he played a 911 call for Martin's father, Tracy, in which the screams are heard multiple times.

"I asked Mr. Martin if the voice calling for help was that of his son," the officer wrote. "Mr. Martin, clearly emotionally impacted by the recording, quietly responded `no.'"

Zimmerman's father also told investigators that it was his son yelling for help on March 19.

"That is absolutely positively George Zimmerman," Robert Zimmerman said. "He was not just yelling, he sounded like he was screaming for his life."

Here is the quote:

Since first hearing the calls in early March, Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, has been unequivocal in saying it was her son's voice on the tapes.

But Serino wrote in a report that he played a 911 call for Martin's father, Tracy, in which the screams are heard multiple times.

"I asked Mr. Martin if the voice calling for help was that of his son," the officer wrote. "Mr. Martin, clearly emotionally impacted by the recording, quietly responded `no.'"

Zimmerman's father also told investigators that it was his son yelling for help on March 19.

"That is absolutely positively George Zimmerman," Robert Zimmerman said. "He was not just yelling, he sounded like he was screaming for his life."

This does not sufficiently condemn the "white" guy, so therefore it is not helpful. In fact, it almost seems to...justify the "white" guy, which makes it hateful.

Shame on you for posting such hateful things!

I have no condemnation or defense to offer either party. I wasn't there, I don't know anyone involved. The only thing this news cycle does for me, is to re-impress on me the sobering importance of carrying concealed. If I ever feel the need to defend myself or others from harm with my firearm, I'll be asking myself if it'll be worth it.

Should I stop the attack, and endure years of expensive legal proceedings, and endure the unrighteous judgement of total strangers who weren't even there and don't even know anyone involved?

I decided years ago, I'd reach around my gun to hand over my wallet. It's not worth it. Someone attacking me with knife or gun, or assaulting my family? Different answer. Someone in my house? Different answer. But yeah, watching accounts go by, and seeing all the 2nd guessing, and unrighteous judging, and PTSD, and legal troubles, and stress on relationships - yeah, well, I'm a pretty big guy and might choose to take a beating rather than end an assault with deadly force.

Ever since my wife and I started getting serious about self defense, we've looked at preparing for such things as deterrence is better than needing to avoid a situation, which is better than needing to evade a situation, which is better than needing to take action to stop an attack. As we put our kids through boxing and other self-defense classes, the headline is "50 ways to not be there in the first place, 45 ways to run the heck away, 5 ways to fight back". Should I ever need to use my firearm in self defense, I will likely feel like I've failed at preventing the situation in the first place. But should a situation show up where my only choice is "me (or a loved one), or him", then I'll make the decision and hopefully live with the consequences.

Now he’s staring at me . . . .

Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band. . . .

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. . . .

How long until you get an officer over here?

headline is "50 ways to not be there in the first place, 45 ways to run the heck away, 5 ways to fight back".

Even with my profession and training, if I'm not at work and there is not a life in jeopardy, I practice this mentality....and LMM knows from numerous other conversations I'm no pacifist.