is it masturbation?

needingadvice

This may be a stupid question but Im gonna ask anyway. What exaclty counts as masturbation? If you touch your private parts and you are not thinking about sexual things or trying to stimulate sexual feelings or anything, but maybe you are just trying to get comfortable... you are itchy or your garments are bothering you and you have to adjust for no better way to describe... am I masturbating?

As an endowed member is this something I need to confess even though it is not sexual touching?

I am a female....

That doesn't change the fundamental point. If simply touching one's genitals was masturbation than men urinating standing up are masturbating. Do you think men who urinate standing up need to repent for masturbating? If yes, well, see my response to mikbone.

So sorry,

I don't feel qualified to answer this question...

Why not? If it's non-sexual touching it's not masturbation. Pretty much by definition masturbation is sexual touching. Holds true regardless of if one's gonads happen to be internal or external.

Edited by Dravin

Hidden

So sorry,

I don't feel qualified to answer this question...

Why not? If it's non-sexual touching it's not masturbation. Pretty much by definition masturbation is sexual touching. Holds true regardless of if one's gonads happen to be internal or external.

You have to touch there when you shower, yes? Have to soap and lather it up and thoroughly rinse to make sure it is clean and won't get infected?

What about when you put in a tampon? (If you use those)

How about if you have to apply cream for a yeast infection?

As others have said, if simply touching your private areas constituted masturbation, everyone would be in trouble. I don't think you have anything to worry about if you are just readjusting to avoid itchiness and improve your personal comfort.

Now, are you holding yourself there longer than necessary and causing arousal? Then you may be touching the border-line. Masturbation is strictly sexual and can technically happen without any touching at all. If you are allowing your mind to linger on "heated" thoughts and working yourself up, I think such could be constituted as masturbation, even if there was no touching involved. Just avoid anything that would cause self-arousal and you will be fine.

Touching that is necesary for cleanliness/comfort? Not masturbation.