Question about my Mission papers

Bos5

I was planning on putting my mission papers in this week, but the papers ask if I graduated from High School. I'm currently studying for my GED exam but won't take it until next month, and I really don't want to wait until then to put in my papers. So I guess my question is if I say I did graduate and send in my papers will I have any problems? I still plan on getting my GED before I leave on my mission but I don't want to waste more time to put the papers in. Will they actually check to see if I did obtain my GED? If they can check and notice that I don't have my GED before I obtain it will that change the location I'm allowed to serve? Since I heard that if you don't graduate from High School you can't serve in certain places.

As far as HS Graduation/GED... I think the missionary department just wants to know your current educational level to help assign you to a mission that is best for you.

For example: if you have a 4th grade reading level (and there are missionaries that have a low reading level), it would probably not be wise to send that missionary to a foreign language mission if they have a hard time with their native language.

I would ask your Bishop for his recommendation on how to complete that particular question. (I'm pretty sure the missionary department doesn't have the time to do an educational background check.)