Thomas Kinkade

pam

For anyone that has absolutely loved his paintings, this is so sad. What a wonderful talent he had.

Popular painter Thomas Kinkade dies in Calif. | ksl.com

This was one of my favorites. I could just imagine myself living in a place like this surrounded by such beauty.

Posted Image

Yes, he was extremely talented. But I have to admit that since my mother-in-law had a few of them... I'm kinda jaded about them now.

Of course, now that he's died... maybe they'll go up in value?

I know... I'm cold. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I sort of liked his stuff, it wasn't the end all of art for me, but it wasn't hard to look at.

Sadly his death was self induced from alcoholism. People tend to forget that part of his life...he seemed like a very tortured soul to me that tried to paint a better world. May he find peace and the world he wanted to express in his art now.

Just think of how wonderful the creative world would be if we only allowed expression to those artists whose work met our personal approval!

For the record, let it be known that on this I AGREE WITH VORT! :eek: What (I believe) he meant, that is, not actually, literally said. The world would indeed be a boring place if only one brand of art were allowed. ;)