Myself

purplegal81

I can`t start a new thread either:rolleyes:

I am from UK and was baptised into C of E as a baby as is the norm here.

I have never really clicked with that church but have always felt like I needed to find the right way to be closer to God.

I have a child who is autistic and it takes a lot of faith to keep going at times.

Over the last few months I have been drawn to look at Mormon info and straight away felt really at home with it all. I didnt drink alcohol or smoke anyway and have stuck to the Word of Wisdom over the last few months by giving up coffee and tea.

I am reading the Book of Mormon and have the leaflets from LDS online which are the same ones the missionaries use and I am going through them.

The difficulty I have is that I dont really know how to take it further or even if I can?

I have Aspergers which is a milder form of the Autism my son has......as a result of this things like going to church, giving testimonies, even talking to the missionaries would be excruciating for me so I have been avoiding it.

I know I cant be baptised without all that so have been wondering about just living my life this way without actually taking that step if that makes sense.....is that enough? or do I have to go through the baptism to practise as a Mormon.

As I said i am living my life the Mormon way by reading and learning from the scriptures, keeping to the Word of Wisdom, praying, and I am even trying to introduce Family Home Evening.

My husband is catholic but he respects other religions and has no problem with me going down the mormon route.

I really feel like God is showing me how to be a Mormon and wanting me to do it but my difficulties are putting constraints on it.

• 1 month later...

Hi ~ I'm a new member.

What's it 'securing'? What was happening that caused the measure to be adopted?

Inquiring minds would really like to know. :)

And it is made all the more strange by the following announcement at the top of every page of the Forum I visit:

"Hello Pamela818,

Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part of LDS.net now!"

Oh, and then there's the message that came up when I tried to do the Intro post by starting a new thread for it (several times, thinking it was temporarily out of order - I'm a persistent sort. <g>):

"Pamela818, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

I think those who made the changes don't see the 'beginner pages' anymore and so may not realize how confusing this is. At least for a couple us. <g>

Anyway, 1 post down! <bg>

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading in many areas of the Forum and hope to join in soon!

Best to All,

Pamela