Seeing bishop about law of chastity.

Ayla

Do you know what would typically happen in this kind of situation? Im glad im doing the right thing, just a little scared of what will happen. I want to be prepared for the most likely best case/worst case scenario.

thank you for the reply :)

Keep in mind that him being sent home may be the best case scenario spiritually. Which is what Funky is getting at unless I'm mistaken.

That guy should no be on a mission. He's probably miserable. He could make his companions miserable. He needs to come home and face the music.

I don't know what will happen, but I hope your bishop notifies the branch president in the MTC. Don't let anything stop you from seeing your bishop, though. Satan will probably try to keep you away from that office. Don't fear what any person thinks. Just do what God would have you do.

This sounds almost verbatim what my brother-in-law and his wife (then girlfriend) went through.

Here's the hard facts: BiL was sent home from the MTC once all came out. He did not serve a mission. A little over a year later, he and his girlfriend were married in the temple and now have two beautiful children.

So, yes, from what I've seen in situations, your fiance will probably be sent home. It will probably be for the best. He can't be serving the Lord if he can't get himself right spiritually. He needs to take care of himself first.

Kudos to you for doing the right thing. It's going to suck, but it'll be all right in the end.

That guy should no be on a mission. He's probably miserable. He could make his companions miserable. He needs to come home and face the music.

I don't know what will happen, but I hope your bishop notifies the branch president in the MTC. Don't let anything stop you from seeing your bishop, though. Satan will probably try to keep you away from that office. Don't fear what any person thinks. Just do what God would have you do.

This.

Chances are he will be sent home from his mission. If you get pregnant, your bishop may recommend you get married. If not, there will be a period of repentance, and they may encourage your boyfriend to go on a mission later.

It's going to be rough, but it's not hopeless. Please know that we support you, and that in the long run things will be okay again.

Peace.

HEP

Sounds like sour grapes to me

You get engaged. You are having sex but that didn't bother you then.

Then he goes on a mission and all of a sudden you want to confess all

Is this just to bring him home?

I don't think we know enough about the situation to make accusations like that. What if it's just a matter of her conscience eating away at her until she finally seeks relief through confession and repentance? That happens, you know.

Sounds like sour grapes to me

You get engaged. You are having sex but that didn't bother you then.

Then he goes on a mission and all of a sudden you want to confess all

Is this just to bring him home?

I don't know if it's so simple. These things happen. You feel stupid saying anything with the mission looming days away.