Wait Time to Receive a Calling

Tyler90AZ

Tyler, 'taking the Sacrament' to LDS means partaking for the bread and water, what Protestants call Communion

I am assuming you mean after being Baptized and no there isn't, there are many factors that are involved in a calling, it could be a few weeks, it could be a few years or even longer.

If Bishops follow President Hinckley's advise, it shouldn't be too long.

In some of the wards my husband and I have lived in even people who aren't baptized have SOMETIMES been given callings. The callings are things like: Scout Master (cubs or even the older boys), Food Storage Coordinator, etc.

Tyler, its up to the Bishop. If you want a calling its ok to ask where you can help out.

Is there a wait time after taking Sacrament to receive a calling?

Depends on the calling, and the bishop on how soon you get a calling. If you want a calling its fine to let the bishop know you'd like one and let him know what you're good at.

Sorry everyone, I rarely reread posts for clarity or anything for that matter. Tipman was right, I have been going through the repentance process. I was able to partake of the Sacrament again, roughly two months ago.My question should have been: Is there a wait time in order to receive a calling after being on probation, once I am able to take Sacrament?

Sorry everyone, I rarely reread posts for clarity or anything for that matter. Tipman was right, I have been going through the repentance process. I was able to partake of the Sacrament again, roughly two months ago.My question should have been: Is there a wait time in order to receive a calling after being on probation, once I am able to take Sacrament?

There are very few wait periods that are set in stone as a whole within the church. In this case, once a person is done with the repentance process or at least done with any of the disciplinary actions, any waiting periods is going to be decided by the bishop. I don't know of any technical waiting periods that are required. (for instance, a calling to serve in the temple most likely would vs a calling to be a ward librarian or activities council would not)

Edited by Blackmarch

No, its up to your bishop. Again, if you want a calling talk to your Bishop about it.

My wife and I were released from our Primary calling in December and she received a new calling 2 weeks later, she is a Beehive Advisor. It wasn't until just 2 weeks ago that I received my new calling to be Elders Quorum Secretary. It takes time, you could always sign up to go with the missionaries if you would like to.

My wife and I were released from our Primary calling in December and she received a new calling 2 weeks later, she is a Beehive Advisor. It wasn't until just 2 weeks ago that I received my new calling to be Elders Quorum Secretary. It takes time, you could always sign up to go with the missionaries if you would like to.

I already signed up going this Tuesday. :D

Thank you all for the info!