Book Recomendations

Anon16

Hi,

I have been trying to learn more about the gospel, and am reading as many books as I can get my hands on. The subjects I'm focusing on are the atonement, recognizing the spirit and collections of inspirational stories.

I'm currently reading Divine signatures, and the infinite atonement. I've been considering the continuous atonement - is that good?

Thanks

Yeah the continuous atonement a good book. If I remember correctly, the first couple of chapters are really about it. The rest of the book is really just trying to explain the same thing from different view points.

I assume you have read this talk that the book comes from.

http://ce.byu.edu/cw/womensconference/archive/2007/pdf/BradWilcoxandWendeeWilcox-2007.pdf

Lds.net is not made for tablets.

Edited by tubaloth

• 5 months later...

Anon16:

I highly recommend Elder Bednar's book Increase In Learning. it is an amazing book and will open many doors for you.

Read this book and have your personal mission statement, Patriarchal blessing (if you have them), and your scriptures out and ready to go.

Watch this video as an intro to the book.

I finished the book this year and read the Book of Mormon right after and had an expectational, life changing time doing so.

• 4 weeks later...

I have found through my travels that the Spirit touches each and everyone of us a different times and in different situations.

I had the Spirit profoundly testify of the Atonement when reading the parable of the bicycle in the book "Believing Christ". It was a simple 3 or four pages but it made a huge impact on me...an epiphany if you will.

Keep up your search...the Spirit will testify......