Seattle or Houston

Tyler90AZ

I was stationed in Texas just outside of Dallas while serving in the military and I lived in the Seattle area (also Seattle was a favorite mission area). In fact I live in “Brown’s Point” (near Federal Way – just south of Seattle) which is very close to where Prisonchaplain is currently living. I love both areas – I still do consulting work in Texas.

But I must admit I love the Seattle area more. I do not understand anyone finding Seattle unfriendly. Many of my closest friends are there. True there is unusual anti-LDS in the area but that cannot impact the great friendships made while living there. 3 of my 5 children (all grown and married) are planning to move back to Seattle at next opportunity. The only reason I left was because my wife is a sun person and loves Utah (but now wants to move to Las Vegas for more sun and less winter).

If you like hot summers – go to Texas. If you love the outdoors (especially sailing and mountains) Seattle is one of the best places on earth.

The Traveler

I agree with the poster above, that Seattle is a very friendly city. I have a close friend there and have visited a few times and really enjoyed it. Of course, it helps to love the rain, (which I completely do. i.e., I was born were it almost never rained.). It's a great city for books, food, culture.

I've been to Houston many times, just for short stops. All I remember about it was that it was soooooooooooo........humid! Every time I went there. It was also much, much, bigger than I thought. I didn't get much chance to see it's good points, however.

In fact I live in “Brown’s Point” (near Federal Way – just south of Seattle) which is very close to where Prisonchaplain is currently living.

So Traveler lived where Tacoma's "old money" resides. Brown's Point is a diamond in the rough of our neighboring metropolis to the south. No wonder he liked it! ;)

So Traveler lived where Tacoma's "old money" resides. Brown's Point is a diamond in the rough of our neighboring metropolis to the south. No wonder he liked it! ;)

Tacoma has money? I did not know that! :D

BTW - one thing we loved doing is camping at the state park - I would go home in the morning (5 minutes or so away) shower and go to work and then meet back up with the family. We could vacation and still work every day.

If anyone is interested in a very cool summer job - I know a great way to make a ton money for the summer in the Seattle area - send me a message.

The Traveler