• Blue Ajah
    • Brown Ajah
    • Green Ajah
    • Gray Ajah
    • Red Ajah
    • White Ajah
    • Yellow Ajah
    • Black Ajah

For any of you who are Robert Jordan / Wheel of Time fans, if you were Aes Sedai, which Ajah would you join? Each Ajah has its own purpose and philosophy. Even though in the Wheel of Time books only women joined the Ajahs, during the Age of Legends men did too, so if you're a guy, feel free to choose an Ajah! ;)

Here's a brief description of each, in alphabetical order (except for the Black, which comes last):

Blue Ajah -- Concerned with causes and justice. Second smallest Ajah, but has the largest network of spies.

Brown Ajah -- Dedicated to the search for knowledge, and spend much of their time engrossed in study. They run the Tower Library.

Green Ajah -- The Battle Ajah, they prepare for Tarmon Gai'don (the Last Battle). They are the most friendly towards members of the opposite sex, and may even marry.

Gray Ajah -- Mediators, seeking harmony and consensus. They are the most skilled negotiators among the Aes Sedai and are often used for this purpose.

Red Ajah -- Their purpose is to prevent a second Breaking of the World by seeking out men who can channel and "gentling" them. Least friendly to members of the opposite sex. Largest Ajah.

White Ajah -- Devoted to questions of philosophy and truth. To a large extent, they eschew both the world and the value of worldly knowledge. They tend to be very serene.

Yellow Ajah -- They are Healers.

Black Ajah -- Dedicated to the Dark One. They have forsaken their Oaths to the Tower and the Light. For a long time, their existence was denied by the Tower and assumed to be myth, and members of the Black Ajah pretended to be members of other Ajahs.

Edited by HEthePrimate

Green Ajah -- The Battle Ajah, they prepare for Tarmon Gai'don (the Last Battle). They are the most friendly towards members of the opposite sex, and may even marry.

Definitely green.

I'm about halfway through Towers of Midnight. I stopped reading the series after the abominable book 10. I refused to read further until reviews improved and the series was completed. I started reading the whole series a few months ago in anticipation of the final book being published. I was surprised that I enjoyed book 10 the second time through.

Edited by mirkwood

Definitely green.

I'm about halfway through Towers of Midnight. I stopped reading the series after the abominable book 10. I refused to read further until reviews improved and the series was completed. I started reading the whole series a few months ago in anticipation of the final book being published. I was surprised that I enjoyed book 10 the second time through.

I started reading the series *ahem* many moons ago, when I was at BYU. I read a couple and enjoyed them, but since each book is so long, and the series kept going on and on, I couldn't keep it up, and gave myself a break for a couple of years. Since then I've followed the same pattern, read a couple, then wait a while before continuing. :lol:

Just finished Towers of Midnight a week or so ago, and am eagerly awaiting the final installment, due to come out in January. Maybe it's silly of me, but I think it's cool that a Mormon, Brandon Sanderson, was selected to finish writing the series after Jordan died. I think he's doing a good job.

;)