Calgary Alberta Temple Open House, Dedication Dates Announced

Maureen

In conjunction with the dedication of the temple, there will also be a cultural celebration featuring music and dance on Saturday, 27 October 2012.

Calgary Alberta Temple Open House, Dedication Dates Announced

Is this a normal celebration when a new Temple is dedicated, or do Mormon Canadians know how to party? ;)

M.

There are often celebrations for temple open houses. Particularly in areas where the church is less prominent. However, Alberta (where Calgary is) is a little Utah. At least for Canada. There are several Mormons in the area and they have 2 other temples in the Provence (the rough equivalent of a State). I live in Vancouver BC and when under progress there was a youth celebration here with dance and whatnot.

I've read dedication date announcements before, but this is the first time that I've read one saying that the celebration will include a dance. I'm sure others have mentioned it; but since I don't ever recall reading it myself, I thought that maybe Canadian Mormons know what it means to really celebrate a memorable occasion. :)

M.

Wonderful article and beautiful Temple, thanks for sharing this amazing article with the video!! I love the fact that this gospel allows us to understand the meaning of baptism for the dead. Exercising our covenants and working in the Lords house by doing sacred services. I had the honor to walk in the Draper, Utah temple open house, the walk through help lift my spirit when I stepped foot into the house of the Lord, I felt peace, warmth and loved. I was overwhelmed with the spirit and crying tears of joy yet also humiliation, because I was in a holy place and felt I was not yet worthy to stand in such place. I felt entirely like I was in a different world, and the world that I knew of pain and despair was nowhere near. I knew when I walked into the Temple that it was a holy place, and that I want to encourage my kids to dwell with heavenly father through instilling this experience. They loved it too, they were just so reverent and observant and had eyes wide open to the amazement of its presence. I yearn for this spirit to dwell within me forever, my family, and friends forever. I know it can through sustaining my covenants and keeping the commandments, and living like Christ, paying tithings, charity, be of good service. I know celebrations and praises goes to our heavenly father and savior in gratitude of such blessings.