LDS Motorcyclists

CafeRacer

Hi, all. This is my first post. I was just curious how many of you ride motorcycles, especially those in the greater Seattle region or Pacific Northwest. In my ward I am one of two people who ride, and the other individual is not a fan of group riding. There are several local motorcycle clubs, but it would be nice to organize some rides with more like-minded/like-valued individuals. I know there are the Temple Riders in Utah, but I haven't heard of anything similar in my area. Would anyone be interested in forming an LDS motorcycle club with me?

Edited by CafeRacer
LSD to LDS :)

I bought a Harley in 2008 on a dare from my son who also bought one. He lives close and we ride together often. I have another son in Idaho that also rides.

Riding motorcycles is not a very LDS thing in my experience, although I have ridden since I was 18 years old. Other than my two sons I don't know any LDS that ride.

Good luck on finding riding buddies. Here in CA there is the BARF( Bay Area Rider's Forum), an informal group that rides together fairly often. I think there are some people on the forum that live farther north. If you are a Harley rider there are the local HOG chapters of riders all over the country usually getting together near or at a dealer. I've been at a couple of HOG events, and find that in general the members are pretty good people.

• 4 weeks later...

CafeRacer, my husband and I both ride our own Harley's. We actually own three - a Heritage, Ultra Limited and my own sweet Sportster Superlow :D We were members of the TRA for awhile, but our local chapter was very small and honestly didn't ever do anything. Because of that, we joined our local HOG chapter - Route 66 in Tulsa and are very active. My husband is the assistant director and I am the 'patch lady' (I sell the chapter patches at the meetings each month - I know you are really impressed!) We do have another Harley rider in our ward and also have a member that rides a Goldwing. His son also rides a Honda Shadow. I wish that we lived closer to you as we would be honored to ride with you. Hope you find some riding 'buddies' there.

Ride safe!! :.biker:

Joan

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, all. This is my first post. I was just curious how many of you ride motorcycles, especially those in the greater Seattle region or Pacific Northwest. In my ward I am one of two people who ride, and the other individual is not a fan of group riding. There are several local motorcycle clubs, but it would be nice to organize some rides with more like-minded/like-valued individuals. I know there are the Temple Riders in Utah, but I haven't heard of anything similar in my area. Would anyone be interested in forming an LDS motorcycle club with me?

sounds fun. would love to ride bike, but one; i don't have one, and two; i'd limit it to offroad and track if I did.

Good luck on getting one together :)