Peck11

My wife is from Maine - it's a very lovely state. I've seen it in summer, spring, midwinter, but never in fall....which I'm told is the loveliest season of all with the leaf-colours.

We are not Mormons ourselves, though my wife's sister is a convert. I'm not sure which stake/ward she belongs to. On one occasion when visiting we met a couple of Elders out proselytizing, so the missionaries are certainly working up there!

Edited by Jamie123

I am in the EXETER, NH stake. I live in a small town near the southern tip of Maine. It's a wonderful community in which raise children and do so many other things. I love the people I am with, both in or outside of the church. Anything specific you would like to know about?

My wife is from Maine - it's a very lovely state. I've seen it in summer, spring, midwinter, but never in fall....which I'm told is the loveliest season of all with the leaf-colours.

That's like sitting in an airplane at Charles de Gaulle airport and then telling your friend that you were in Paris.

Thanks for the replies; I just wonder what Lds people up here think in general about the social and political climate up here in maine

Hello, I am from Hamburg / Germany and sorry I can not call myself a Mormon. You seem to be worried about the social and political climate there in Maine? It has made me a bit reflecting about Maine... is there anything going wrong...? Don't say the Algonquins are rising again...? :rolleyes:

Edited by Arnolt

That's like sitting in an airplane at Charles de Gaulle airport and then telling your friend that you were in Paris.

Yeah I dare say it is. :( It's not easy for us to get there in fall though - I'm usually busy non-stop between the end of summer and the beginning of the Christmas vacation. My only hope would be to wangle an exchange visit with some college there.